Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scripts for system performance

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please tell me ,what scripts to be executed/used in order to find the oracle memory &buffer performance,tablespace growth problem and I/O statistics issues.Kindly let me the way & procedure to execute it on AIX 5.3/windows system.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

> oracle memory &buffer performance,tablespace growth problem and I/O statistics issues

I think you mean the AWR. The Automatic Workload Repository is available with Oracle 10g. But keep in mind that the "AWR feature" must be licesened with Diagnostic Pack / Tuning Pack (check sapnote #740897).

The AWR report can be created with the following scripts:

@$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/awrrpt.sql
@$ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/awrrpti.sql

If you don't have the needed licenses or you still have Oracle 9i - then you can use STATSPACK.

You can find the documentation about STATSPACK here:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10500_01/server.920/a96533/statspac.htm

The only thing you will not find with AWR/STATSPACK is the "tablespace growth problem". For this you will still need some custom made scripts or the DB02/DB02n.

Regards

Stefan

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Wish you a Happy new year to all our BASIS mates.I guess some of us can be togeather with the family or many may be on project at client's place..Best wishes to everybody.

@ my question:

Thanks stefen ,your answer would be more useful.I heard that the scripts oracheck.run,oracheck.ksh,event.sql,waits.sql and etcc....can be used to evalute the system performance but I am not sure about the location and method of execution.

I would appreciate all your help.

Thanks in advance

Daniel

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

> I heard that the scripts oracheck.run,oracheck.ksh,event.sql,waits.sql and etcc....can be used to evalute the system performance but I am not sure about the location and method of execution

These scripts aren't any standard analyze methods, they are created by customers / consultants , etc.

For example here are 2 shell scripts: http://www.remote-dba.cc/oracle_tips_table_alerts.htm

I would highly recommend to use STATSPACK or AWR. You got all what you need to analyze your topics. Sometimes you have to query some other views manually to identify a problem, but i would assert that the most problems can be found with STATSPACK/AWR.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please help me on this thread.

I would appreciate your suggestion and guidance

Thanks in advance

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What was your personal research on this subject ?

Olivier

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We expect some system performance problem may come in the AIX and oracle on the mentioned things .Recently I have heard we can find out the problem with the help of some scripts as a proactive monitoring. By running the those default scripts we would come to know the system status from all the aspects.

Please let me know what are all those scripts and how to execute in a safe way.I would appreciate your suggestion and help.

Thanks in advance

Daniel