cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gui710 for java rev7 run in ubuntu(linux os)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I install the gui 710 for java rev7 in ubuntu(linux) whose java version is sun java Version 6 Update 11 . I can only run the guilogon and start graphic window in the command mode, but can not start graphic window when double click the guillogon icon in start menu. can you give me any solutions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I can not run this command:ls /usr/bin/sh -l.

the actual shell is dash, I try to change the shell to bash. but there is the same problem.

and I use it in command to run the sapgui momentarily.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

/sapclients/sapgui/bin/guilogon

and there is no response after double-click the icon.

it can start sapgui graphic window when I enter the directory and run './guilogon'.

Edited by: chao john on Dec 31, 2008 2:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds to me that your gnome-terminal uses different environment variables than your shell (bash/csh/..).

Please try the following:

(1) create a file in the /?/SAPGui/bin directory called guilogon_local

(2) The content of the file should be:

#!/bin/sh

export PLATIN_JAVA=###PATH to your 32bit JAVA executable

/?/SAPGUI/bin/guilogon

(3) chmod and chown the new file so you/your user can execute it.

(4) change the comand attached to the SAP GNOME-Icon to your new guilogon_local

The new file will actually set the PLATIN_JAVA environment and call afterwards the linked guilogon.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for help. I have done it as you say. Create a file guilogon_local as below:

#!/bin/sh

export PLATIN_JAVA=~/jre1.6.0_11/bin/java

~/SAPClients/SAPGUI7.10rev7/bin/guilogon

and change the icon's commands to the new file. I run the file in the command line, there is a error: bad variable name. It's ok when I copy it to the command line to excute it. there are no reponse after double-click the icon on my desk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check what the output of

ls /usr/bin/sh -l

is?

My output is like this:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 18. Jun 2008  /bin/sh -> bash

This indicates the link of the sh - command to an actual shell. Since you get the error of bad variable name, you should try to find out why you get it.

Can you also try first to use absolute path names than using the ~/ for your $HOME variable?

Furthermore, you can point your script to the guilogon linked file. In that case, you do not have to change it if a new JAVAGui will be released.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

What command is actually executed when you click on your icon?