Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Restriction : Deactivating PRFB in CMOD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

If you use CMOD, and type in PRFB, you will see the "Field Exits for Data Elements"

Is there a way to deactivate PRFB in CMOD?

This is for security measurement.

Thank you.

Regards,

Lee

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi-

Go and try these transactions

VEB9

VI96

VIM6

with function code PRFB, it works. Objects checked with that ae so many: V_KONH_EKO, V_KONH_VKS - you don't even know there's CMOD behind that.

you can prolly deactivate them by modifying MSMODI00.

Cheers!

Ashok

0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

As much as I appreciate you taking your time to answer my question, I must make it clear to the general contributors that you choose to cut and paste this answer from thx4allthefish from sapfans.com. Please give credit when it's due to the original person who answer this question in the first place, not pass off the answer as your own.

I am the original poster of this exact same question in sapfans.com and the answer from thx4allthefish is not the solution I am looking for.

I would appreciate other experts to offer their suggestions to restrict PRFB in CMOD without modification of the source code.

0 Kudos

@ Ashok... Do not do that again!

Regarding the function codes: If they can be selected, then generally you need to work with the authority-checks available in the called transactions / functions.

But to hide function codes behind the ok-code which do not have a plausible reason to call an application which has functionally almost nothing to do with the calling application, would in my opinion be a programming error.

I would report it to SAP via service.sap.com. Whether you use the component area of CMOD or that of VEB9 is up to you

Cheers,

Julius