cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform font spacing Issue when using SAP printer name

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing some spacing issues when printing a form using SAP printer name. If I use LOCL then the output comes perfectly but when I use the SAP printer name the space between characters are getting widened and so the alignment of each column goes wayward. I suspect it could be due to the device type but not sure which seeting controls this. There is a similar problem in the logo as well. When using LOCL the logo comes out good but when using the printer name the quality is not good and becomes pixelised. Have any of you faced similar issues? Can you provide some guidance or pointers for the solution.

Device type of LOCL : ZSAPWIN

Device type of SAP printer name : ZHPLJ5

CPI is defined in smartform as 10.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187452
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem occurs because the printer driver for both the printers are different,

I suggest you use Local printer only or configure any other printer with printer diver in SAP as SAPWIN.

Regards,

Bharat.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Not all Font families / Font Sizes are supported by all printer drivers. Try changing Font Size (Ex. use 8 or 10 instead of 7) and also Font Family ( Ex use 'Times' which is widely supported ). Dig deeper into print driver level and check if there is any OSS note. Good Luck..