cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unix (DB/CI) and Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.2) App Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am trying to install an SAP application server on Linux (Red Hat 5.2). The install was successful and the instance is up. However, I am not able to connect from CI to the newly installed application server. The other application server on other Unix host is fine. The only message that I can find in the work directory is in dev_rfc* file and the message is something like in below:

• Trace file opened at 20081225 092556 PST SAP-REL 700,0,146 RFC-VER U 3 959555

======> Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)

ABAP Programm: SAPLSMON (Transaction: )

Called function module: CONTROL_PERF_REQUEST

User: SAPSYS (Client: 000)

Destination: sapkca_KCA_82 (handle: 1, 54667660, {4953C269-C222-6D07-E100-00000A270896})

When I double click the instance from SM51; based on transaction SM66 on CI, it it trying to connect but failed and here is the information:

Name No. Type PID Status Reason Sem Start Error CPU Time User Report Action Table

sapkca_KCA_82 1 DIA 21387 stopped CPIC Yes 2 ALWU SAPLTHFB

I have reviewed many notes, Linux install checklist, ... and I don't see any issues.

Anyone has any idea how to fix the issue?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmmm, interesting. Could you please check the workprocess table with dpmon?

sidadm> cdpro
sidadm> dpmon pf=SID_D0X_hostname

Replace SID_D0X_hostname with your instance profile, then use m for menu and l for the workprocess table. It shows a SM50 like output. If the dialog instance does not work, try it on the CI.

Besides that please doublecheck the dev_ms on the CI, dev_disp and dev_wX on the DI.

Regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike for the response.

dpmon execution is fine on both CI and DI.

I did check thru all the dev* logs in both CI and DI, the only thing that is relevant to the problem is the RFC connection. Here is the dev_rfc when I click on the instance from SM51 on CI.

• Trace file opened at 20081230 092623 PST SAP-REL 700,0,146 RFC-VER U 3 959555

======> CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=27 thRc=242

Timeout during connection setup. Please check partner availability

ABAP Programm: SAPLTHFB (Transaction: SM51)

Called function module: TH_SAP_LOGIN

User: ALWU (Client: 810)

Destination: ca1vmappsap01_KCA_82 (handle: 3, , {4959E902-8005-15B1-E100-00000A3C2958})

Error RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in abrfcpic.c : 2323

CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=27 thRc=242

HOST =10.39.8.150

SERV =sapdp82

The dev_w0 log has

M *****************************************************************************

M *

M * LOCATION SAP-Gateway on host margay / sapgw82

M * ERROR timeout during allocate

M *

M * TIME Tue Dec 30 09:26:23 2008

M * RELEASE 700

M * COMPONENT SAP-Gateway

M * VERSION 2

M * RC 242

M * MODULE gwr3cpic.c

M * LINE 1973

M * DETAIL no connect of TP sapdp82 from host ca1vmappsap01 after 20 sec

M * COUNTER 1224

M *

M *****************************************************************************

M

A RFC 2318 CONVID 64727494

A * CMRC=27 DATA=0 STATUS=0 SAPRC=242 ThSAPCMINIT

A RFC> ABAP Programm: SAPLTHFB (Transaction: SM51)

A RFC> User: ALWU (Client: 810)

A RFC> Destination: ca1vmappsap01_KCA_82 (handle: 3, , {4959E902-8005-15B1-E100-00000A3C2958})

A RFC> Called function module: TH_SAP_LOGIN

A *** ERROR => RFC ======> CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=27 thRc=242

[abrfcio.c 8169]

A *** ERROR => RFC Error RFCIO_ERROR_SYSERROR in abrfcpic.c : 2323

CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=27 thRc=242

HOST =10.39.8.150

SERV =sapdp82

It could potential be the host set up when we install the OS. However, I checked all the OS files, /etc/hosts, services and resolv.conf, nsswitch.conf, ... I couldn't fine any abnormal entries in all these files. All the tcp ports(32xx, 33xx) on DI is in "LISTEN" state. Should I check anything else?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please check the firewall rules? and if you know the RFC port which is used to connect to the CI, you can try adding it into the exceptions list. Here you can try 2 things

1. Disable the firewall and check again. then add the port to the exceptions list. This can be done from the administration menu.

2. Since you are using RHEL 5.2, can you try to disable SELinux once

As root execute the following command:

echo 0 > /selinux/enforce

This temporarily turns off SELinux until it is either re-enabled or the system is rebooted. To turn it back on you simply execute this command:

echo 1 > /selinux/enforce

or check the file /etc/selinux/config and see the level. you can change the parameter SELINUX=permissive to disabled, however you will need to reboot the system.

please revert back if this helps you.

regards,

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I am not sure the firewall setting/why firewall is in the picture and will validate with the system/security admin.

As of disable SELinux, I have done this and am still encounterinng the problem as described in the past.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HOST =10.39.8.150

SERV =sapdp82

So your central instance has a 82 as instance number? Can you try these telnet's on CI an DI:

sidadm> telnet 10.39.8.150 sapdp82
sidadm> telnet 10.39.8.150 3298

Please also try to also use the hostname and with the port sapgw82 / 3382.

Regards Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike and Sam for the great information .... It was the issue of FIREWALL. I turned firewall off with command: /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables stop

I will check with our Sys Admin what's the catch to do this and will also add to the installation check list.

Thanks Again.

Happy New Year to you all.

Alfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are welocme. Firewall blocks most of the ports with a default installation. this was the reason I suspected the role of firewall.

Regards,

Sam

Answers (0)