cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive form offline - Update SAP Database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the requirement.Client went live with SAP PS .Users you know they don't like SAP at first.

We are prepaing a demo for ADOBE Interactive forms to show what SAP can do? . We want to use Interactive form and we have all licenses.

They have a form and I will create the similar one in SFP.What are the options available to update SAP database.

like 1- Create Webdyrnpo attach to a view .

and what else? They don't want to enter in SAP itself..with a single submit button on form can they update sapdatabase?

if so pls let me know.

Any samples or tutorials will be appreciated.

rgds

Vara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vara,

I have worked on similar requiremet of yurs for one of our client. In this scenario, without entering into SAP itself you can update the SAP database. This can be achieved by two ways. One as you have written Create Webdyrnpo attach to a view and submit data.

Other way is to call a web service from the adobe interactive form (offline scenario). In this on submit from a button web service is called which internally calls FM which submits the data in backend. Web service can be created form the FM which has the insert data logic. While creating the adobe interactive form in NWDS, you have to give the WSDL file or URL of it for data connection. Maop the respective web service paramaeters to the UI elements from which you will take user input. Just map submit button created in data connection to your submit button. Thats it , your required functionality will be wroking.

This blog will help you to understand and develop the required scenario

Thanks & Regards

Sagar Ingalwar

Edited by: Sagar Ingalwar on Dec 30, 2008 7:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sagar,

Thank you very much for your input.

Actually I am an ABAPER and trying to do this using ABAP wenbdynpro.

Anyway your instructions looks great and the blog is exactly meeting my requirement.

I will work on NWDS and get back to you.

Thank you once again.

Rgds

Vara