cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML:communication channel modification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

While delivering an async message from XI to thirdparty, getting an error 'invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML' in the RWB/adapter engine

I need to modify Module tab for MessageTransformBean / content type as text/html.

Can anyone tell me how to do this in SOAP communication channel?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member9864
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sachchidanand,

this error message is typically happening, when the SOAP adapter receives an HTTP error page and this error page is composed in HTML format. That's why you see the error message "invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML".

Try to use some soap client like soapUI and TCP monitoring tools like tcpmon to find out what you have received during the SOAP call. Might be an HTTP 404, then check the URL in WSDL; or HTTP 403, then it might be an authorization problem.

Regards,

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur help...

I've tested with soapUI and it is working fine. When I send the data from soapUI , it is reaching to third party and I get response as 'success' So the url is also fine.

The same data when XI is sending it is throwing an error.

One more thing here -- The XI server is in intranet and TP is in DMZ .... there is a firewall in between them...

1. When I execute thr soapUI (from intranet) it is reaching to TP (DMZ)

2. When I execute thr XI (intranet) its throwing an error.

Is this because of firewall settings ?

Thanks..

former_member9864
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sachchidanand,

your test the soapUI from your computer, right? To test the connectivity between XI and your SOAP endpoint, please go to SM49 on XI, and create an external OS command. Make sure you have the authorization to do this.

If your OS is windows, use telnet as command. During the execution of the external command, put your parameter like <hostname> <port number>. If it's not reachable, then you should ask your network people to deal with it.

Helpful is also to check the log in visual admin under path Log Viewer - Server u2013 usr\sap - <SID> - server0 u2013 log u2013 defaultTrace.trc

Regards,

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check the Target WSDL url ?

Try opening it in a browser first.

Usually we get this error when the URL is wrong or some authorisation issue.

regards

Ganga