cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different drop down list for one column each cell case alv

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to bind different value sets to every line of alv-cell?

So i have alv-table where i have one column where i have drop-down list.

Now i want to populate different valuesets for each cell, not same one (dependig of line data).

I have already done so that drop-down list excist (with CL_SALV_WD_UIE_DROPDOWN_BY_KEY).

Should i use some eventing to populate it?

KK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yes,

You can ask the user to select the choose the particular row where he wants to edit.

You can do so by making all the rows of the table to be noneditable initially and allow him to edit(open the fields in the table to be editable) only after selecting the particular row.

Thanks,

S.Rajkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, solution is to "high volume use". Users do not want to push anythig else than tabulator button in keyboard and finaly save button...

So drop down must excist in table cell when user come first in screen or event needed to populate data when user push tabulator or drop down list "tag"...

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

Please let me know if you used some work around to resolved this.

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can create a event for OnLeadselect property for the same table and try to populate and bind the drop down values for same row.

Thanks,

Rajkumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, yes but it means that user have to do something (push enter etc.) in screen....

No user want to do anything that can be avoid...

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kanki,

Here we need to remind one thing, especially when we use Table or ALV UI element.

Firstly, We bind the Table or ALV using one internal table.

It means at a given moment all the values which are binded to the Table or ALV are just like Static ones.

There is no Row wise binding or Column wise binding for us. I mean at the time of binding the values to the Table/ALV.

Henceforth, I feel it cannot be satisfied.

I had the similar requirement in my earlier scenarios, but later understood that there is no other way to get it done.

Thank you!

Good Day!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, yes i have only one table and i use cell_variant just like checkboxes...

Drop down works fine if i bind it but then all cell's have same drop down list values. I needed it to be cell specifig (row specific)..

Any ideas anyone? workaround?

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use DropDownbyIndex UI element