cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Heuristics-diff of results in background and foreground

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have this weekly bacth job of location heu.. just one program. nothing preceding and succeeding it.

I find the results in background and foreground different. This is partcularly wrt the receipts being created before the lead time of the loc-product. In the foreground when i delete the same receipts..and re-run the location heuristics, the receipts are correctly created . i.e obeying the lead time.

Questions:

- Why does this happen. I am doing this without anytime gap.

-Are there some settings that are called only in background (e.g from SNP global profile) but not in foreground.

Let me know if you need to know my SNP global profile settings.

The imporant ones are

HEU: Init short qty = Bakward scheduling

HEU: Order Update =Complete mode

In the location product master- NO horizons and time fences are maintained for SNP and PPDS.

Regards,

Loknath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

Introduce the below job to determine the low level snp codes just before you run the Location Heuristics in Background than check the results. I think this should solve your problem.

/SAPAPO/RSNPLLCSET

Please check and revert back if still the problem persists.

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kumar. I get the following message.

Low level code determination not possible because of cycles in model 000.

as i note there is source-destinaton relationship defined for a couple of products.

I deactivated the ext. proc. relatonships for the same and ran the program again but i get the same error.

In any case the planning file entries have low level code = 0 for all mat-locs.

we are running heuristics for the final components that need to be procured.

Pls.advise.

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

Even if you are planning for final products only you need to determine the lowlevel code as you are using multiple locations in the heuristics.( as this is different than what we see in BOM level code)

Probably , You need to check your master data. Run a model consistency check for the masterdata. and analyse the results.

For exanple, if product A is present in transportation lane X1 > Y1 and also present in the transportation lane from Y1>X1. in that case it will be not able to determine the low level code.

Do checks accordingly. hope this helps

Also check the SAP Note 766748 - Appearance of cycles is not recognizable in the job log & Note 774521 - Behavior of low-level code calculation with cycles

regards

Kumar

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

When you run LLC in background, the job will fail and no low level codes will be determined. However, if yoy run the same in foreground, low level codes will be determined in spite of error (of course excluding the products with cycles).

Then you can run heuristic to give proper result.

Regards,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin, Kumar,

Thanks for the helpful answers. I have looked at this again and wont so until weekend when we will have another run. this time i will oberse and confirm whats going wrong.

btw can you explain this whole low-level code thing is a simple laymans language.

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

I will try to explain in with simple example.

Consider there is product xyz which exist at two different locations A & Location B.

Procurement type:

at A is Inhouse production

at B is external procurement from location A.

Both the location have some forcast/ Demand for the Product suppose 100qty each.

1. First Sequence: Now first the Heuristics needs to run at Location B so that there are Destribution receipts planned created at Location B, In other words, the Demand of Product XYZ will get transferred to Location A in form of Distributed demand Planned.

Now if you take run on Location A,

The Total demand at Location A will be 100 qty (forecast)+ 100qty( Distri.Demand from B)= 200qty and the Heuristics run will plan for the total requirement 200 qty and create the planned orders for it.

2. Second sequence: if you take heuristics at Location A first & than location B.

The planned orders generated will be only for Demand at A i.e 100 as Location A is not yet aware of the Distributed Demand which needs to be satisfied for Location B. as you have not taken the run on location B yet hence the demand is not yet transferred to Location A.

now if you take run at location B, the Distri. demand are generated to Location A but not planned or not satisfied.

Overall you see the wrong results of heuristic if you adapt second sequence.

So, it become neccesary to determine the right sequence in which the heuristic is taken for different product at different location. to determine this system use SNP low level codes.

I guess you are aware of low level code in BOM, As without exploding the Parent Material demand you cannot plan exact demand on Child material. similar principle works over here just it applies to Location Products.

Hope this helps

Regards

Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loknath

How did you fix the low level codes can not be determined because of cycles issue.Any consistency checks?

we are facing a similar issue in prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

In a BoM of a Finished product, it may contain many semi-finished products (Intermediates), many raw materials. For manufacturing Intermediates, again we may require many raw materials and further intermediates and so on. So, the low level code will be decided at the tail end of the supply chain wherein the exact planning occurs using Bottom-up planning.

The item which occurs at the tail end is the Lowest level and it keeps increasing. When we run Low level code before Location heuristics, all the items carrying planning file entries will arrange itself in order in a sequence and then planning occurs. This is the ideal procedure for planning.

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.