cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a central instance to another host

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,

we want to change a Central Instance (ABAP and JAVA distributed) to another host.

centralinstance now sapci01 windows2000 Server 32 Bit

databasehost now sapdb01 windows2003 Server 32 Bit

centralinstance after sapci02 windows 2003 Server X86_64

sapci01 will deleted

Version SAP ERP 2005 SR1 on Oracle 10.2

In SAP ERP 2004 i can do this easy via SAPINST and he installs the central instance and the Oracle Client. In newest SAPInst is this not possible.

Can anyone tell me the SAP Conform right way to do this? In Instguide this scenario is not described. In my opinon I must handle this as SysCopy

thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

"we want to change a Central Instance (ABAP and JAVA distributed) to another host. "

Do you mean ABAP and JAVA were installed with seperate installation numbers or database and CI are on another hosts. In either case, you can safely move CI to another physical host.

" centralinstance now sapci01 windows2000 Server 32 Bit

databasehost now sapdb01 windows2003 Server 32 Bit

centralinstance after sapci02 windows 2003 Server X86_64

sapci01 will deleted

Version SAP ERP 2005 SR1 on Oracle 10.2

In SAP ERP 2004 i can do this easy via SAPINST and he installs the central instance and the Oracle Client. In newest SAPInst is this not possible.

Can anyone tell me the SAP Conform right way to do this? In Instguide this scenario is not described. In my opinon I must handle this as SysCopy "

This is not at all system copy as you are not moving database from one physical host to another physical host"

In ERP 2005 sapinst also have the entrie to install only Central instance. It is under distributed system installation. Please check.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is correct if they will keep database in 32 bits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks for your answer Now I have finnished this.

1 STep is EXport the CI with SAPinst

2 Step is Import the CI with SAPInst

It was so easy

KG and I wish you a happy new year

Martin

Edited by: Martin vom Bruch on Dec 30, 2008 1:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is that easy if you keep 32 bits, my error was to think you would take advantage of 64 bits.

Just for curiosity why did not take advantage of 64 bits SAP kernel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AC,

I have installed a 32 Bit kernel on a 64 Bit Windows. The database was on a 32 Bit Windows. I guess its better that connect a 32 Bit kernel to a 32 Bit database.

KG

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the scenario you are describing you don´t mention if you are going to go to Oracle 64 bits so I assume you will.

SAP treats this as an homogeneous system copy and you can get the guide for this in marketplace, it is not defficult at all

Good luck

Edited by: AC on Dec 29, 2008 6:25 PM