Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updated PDF data

sreenadh_mv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Can anybody suggest me how to save a updated PDF document data?

Like I will display an interactive PDF document with signature field in the browser by bringing the data from application server in xstring format and passing it to the "pdfsource" attribute of the UI element interactive form. After the PDF document is displayed in the browser user can sign it,now I need to save back this updated PDF data back to application server.

I have added a button for this like after signing I can press this button and use it to store but when this button is pressed it is not triggering any code like there is no furhter processing.

Please tell me whether it is possible to store back the signed document.

regards,

Sree.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenadh,

Here I would like to know whether you are using any Webdynpro component with Adobe form in it?

If it is, then the process is, as follows:

1) Design the PDF according to your requirements.

2) Place a submit button from Webdynpro ActiveX controls.

3) Now in WDC, create a Interactive Form UI element in the view.

4) In the properties of Interactive Form, under template source, please give the FORM name.

5) Automatically the node will created in your view.

6) Another Property called ONSUBMIT of the interactive form, there a new method needs to be mentioned.

7) Double click on the method and read the context, you will be able to get the Changed data of the PDF file.

😎 Now you can use the retrived data, and store it in Application server.

I hope the process is clear, and in case of any queries do write to me.

Thank you,

Good day!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sreenadh_mv
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Shashikanth,

Thank you for the quick reply.

yes I am using a webdynpro component with Adobe form UI element inserted in it.

Instead of designing the form and giving it in the template source what I have done is I have filled the PDFsource field of the interactive form with the desired PDF data but the problem is when the PDF is diplayed during execution if I make any changes in the field contents of PDF document its not capturing the changes made.

Please help in this regard.