cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload Master Catalog Schema in Catalog Content Management SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please provide the solution as we are in real trouble.

We have to delete master catalog and upload it again. Deletion is done because the mapping and all are being corrupted. SAP has suggested to delete the catalog and again upload it and do all the mapping again related to supplier and procurement catalog.

Can all of you guide us what to do:

1. How to delete a existing Master catalog (can de-publish will do it?)?

2. We have the master catalog schema with us. Please tell how to upload this schema. Which link we have to follow?

3. After uploading the master schema how we can check that master catalog is working fine.

The answers will be rewarded with valuable points

Regards

Praveen K Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sridhar,

I am contacting you regarding the same problem with the CCM MASTER CATALOG, as Praveen said, SAP has suggested to delete the catalog and again upload it and do all the mapping again related to supplier and procurement catalog.

I have read the documents that you refer to at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/7f/9b62405c910272e10000000a155106/frameset.htm.

In this link I found information really useful, however according to the document the CCM MASTER CATALOG should be created automatically by the SAP Catalog Authoring Tool, this happends the first time that you are using the system.

Catalog Creation

You use this function to create catalogs in SAP Catalog Authoring Tool.

You can create the following types of catalogs:

Supplier catalogs

Procurement catalogs

Model service catalogs

Note

SAP Catalog Authoring Tool creates the master catalog, the SRM product catalog, SRM contract catalogs, and the contract catalog for service specifications automatically.

When SAP Catalog Authoring Tool is used for the first time, you must open the Edit Catalogs application once, before you create any catalogs. Choosing Edit Catalogs triggers the creation of the master catalog. If you do not do this, SAP Catalog Authoring Tool outputs an error message when you try to create a catalog.

We have already the Master Schema and we know how to map the CCM MASTER CATALOG to the supplier and procurement catalogs. The main problem is that we need to delete the CCM/MASTERCATALOG and created again.

1. How delete the CCM/MASTERCATALOG?

In a Test enviroment I have delete the CCM/MASTERCATALOG using the "Edit Catalogs" mode then choosing the catalog and confirm the deletion.

Once this has been done, all the catalogs has been erased including the CCM/MASTERCATALOG, so now we have the system in blank. I am not sure if this is the correct way to delete the catalog or there is an easiest way where the Procurement and supplier catalogs dont dissapear once the CCM/MASTERCATALOG is deleted.

2. Once the CCM/MASTERCATAOG is deleted how to created again?

According to the instructions the SAP Catalog Authoring Tool should created this automatically when is used for the first time, however how we can created the CCM/MASTERCATALOG again if the SAP Catalog Authoring Tool is not used for the fist time.

Is there a way where the system can create the CCM/MASTERCATALOG for a second time?

I follow the steps to create the CCM/MASTERCATALOG for the first time however i didnt get a positive result.

Any help provided will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks a lot for guiding me. I will apply wht you suggested and get back to you.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Hope you have an internal catalog scenario where you upload products from an external source(excel sheet) to the supplier catalog.

The mapping of supplier, master and procurement catalog goes like this.

1) Upload products from supplier catalog and map it to master catalog where we have all the products available.

2) Then map only the necessary to the required procurement catalog and publish the procurement catalog.

You can either publish the master catalog as a whole if you have dont want to use the procurement catalog or ideally you can publish the procurement catalog which can be used as the CAT attribute in the EBP. Also the SPRO --> define external webservices makes this linked with CCM.

You have mentioned procurement catalog mapping but still you want to publish the master catalog.

1) Can you please explain you want to publish procurement or master catalog? Becos most of the cases it is procurement catalog.

2) If the supplier --> Master --> Procurement is what you are using then I have explained the mapping already.

3) Master catalog is one which holds all the products so you should have an active version in the table

/CCM/D_CTLG_REQ . Also check this link

For all this to work fine you need to have your TREX up and you should have run the ccm_initialize report which I think you did already.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/7f/9b62405c910272e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Please go through the link which explains about the uploading of schema. Please look into DATA UPLOAD.

You need to upload schema to both the master and procurement catalog before mapping if you are using both. You can find this in edit catalogs --> upload option. Later you can find the display log to verify the success upload.

Best regards,

Sridhar