cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process to Forbid PR generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our Scenario,the PRs for the Service and material are generated during release of the WBS element or activity.

But we r planning to restrict some PR generation after release using User status.So for materials there is business process "Material Purchase requisition " which can be forbidden,but i dont know which business process is to be forbidden for service PRs.Plz suggest....

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

Already i checkeed the business transaction in user status, but i didnt find where the "no P/R is not required". Please guide me where the field is?

thanqu

raj

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

look for the business transaction

Material Purchase requisition

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I set the "Material purchase requisition" business transaction as Forbidden but I'm still able to create a PR from CJ20N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The Business transaction "Material PR creation" doesnot have effect on Service PR.

Best possible thing to do might be -

1. Set the Res / PR indicator to "From Release" & make it greyed out (may be using Screen variant)

2. Forbid "Release" of activity using a user status as long as required.

regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not having effect on Materials PR either in my system, is it normal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is normal if your PR has Account Assignment Category as "Q" (if the PR is being created for WBSE although material assignment is to the Network Activity whose user status forbids "Material PR Creation").

regards

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right, the PRs are being created for WBSE.

So, in this case there is no way of forbidding the creation of PR?

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am using account cat F and am able to restrict PR creation using status control

Have not tried for external activity though - but I think that should not matter

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it should be the same - try with that

alternatively you can also set the indicator Never for preq creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If he sets the indicator "Never" for Pur Req/Res. then it will not create any PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case the when the end user wishes to create PR, then he just has to change the user status and proceed.

I hope this is what Virendra's suggestion meant.

Regards,

Pradyumna