Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Token Access to AS ABAP

HuseyinBilgen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of our customers using CRM 2007 and need to know if it is possible to make end users to access CRM2007 applications with a Token Infrastructure.

This is easy and lots of standard implementations exists for AS Java especially in Portal Scenarios, but I couldn't find any standart solution for an AS ABAP based system.

As CRM2007 uses BSP based applications, Authentication is controlled with ICM, and my searches for a custom Authentication Mechanism for AS ABAP ended without success.

The only option I can see to implement such scenario is to call CRM2007 applications from a NW Portal and implement Token Authentication over AS Java.

Please let me know if you have such scenarios or solutions implemented

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you configure the ICM application using t-code SICF you can configure it to redirect to the JAVA AS system where the authentication module is installed (this doesn't have to be a portal NW AS). Then after sso2 ticket has been issued a redirect back to the ICM applicaiton is performed - the user doesn't see any of this, so it looks like they are being authenticated directly when they access the ICM application URL on ABAP AS.

Products such as the one mentioned at https://ecohub.sdn.sap.com/irj/ecohub/solutions/trustbrokeradapter include the necessary login modules nad the servlet to perform the redirection.

Thanks,

Tim

2 REPLIES 2

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you configure the ICM application using t-code SICF you can configure it to redirect to the JAVA AS system where the authentication module is installed (this doesn't have to be a portal NW AS). Then after sso2 ticket has been issued a redirect back to the ICM applicaiton is performed - the user doesn't see any of this, so it looks like they are being authenticated directly when they access the ICM application URL on ABAP AS.

Products such as the one mentioned at https://ecohub.sdn.sap.com/irj/ecohub/solutions/trustbrokeradapter include the necessary login modules nad the servlet to perform the redirection.

Thanks,

Tim

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just for curiosity: What kind of "Tokens" are you referring to?

Bad news: NWAS ABAP does not allow you to deploy own (custom) login modules (like NWAS Java does, based on JAAS).