cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID integrated Mobile Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm woking on developing a simple mobile application.

In the scenario, application will be developed using NWDS and data for the fields of the application will be fetched from a RFID tag.

Experts, kindly forward a simple tutorial on developing Mobile Application integrated with RFID.

Regards,

Romi Malik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Romi,

Do you mean Mobile application with JSPs, if so I have worked on it can send you code for that.

We implemented it for MAM 3.0.

Regards,

Sai krishna. k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai Krishna,

What I want to do is to extract data from RFID Tag "into" PDA device and forwarding the same to Mobile Infrastructure 7.1 server using Https.

From MI Server to SAP Backend.

will it be possible for you to forward your system landscape details to my ID romimalik at mindtree dot com?

konchada_saikrishna
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Romi,

Yes I got your point, below are the steps for that.

1) You need to have RFID driver (a jar file provided by the Vendor).

2) initansiate and open the RFID port in your view controller.

3) send the Hexadecimal code to read the RFID tag.

4) Receive the RFID tag value.

5) In your sysn BO set the read RFID value in the particular filed.

6) once you sysnc the device the RFID value is sent accross to MI with these Sync BOs.

I will sent the code code to your ID but that is with respect to the Drivers we got from our PDA vendor, this may vary with yours but the approach is same.

Regards,

Sai Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Romi,

I'm also looking forward to create my first SAP Mobile RFID apps ( always connected ).

Pls let me know how to get started on this / steps to create simple apps...

In case you have any document ...that will be of great help..

Cheers,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Romi,

Refer to the NWDS - MDK help/ Developing mobile applications help under Help->Contents for how to use the RFID api. Development of the RFID integrated smart sync mobile application is in no way different to developing other smart synce mobile applications.

Check out the following notes for released drivers and hence supported models and specific installation instructions:

853397 - Additional Information for the PIOS Architecture.

1057759 - Delivered Drivers for Peripherals in SAP DOE

761833 - Delivered Drivers for Peripherals in SAP MI

Depending on the device you are planning / have use the above notes when in need.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

I already have the details indicated by you. I've used the respective JAR files in MI runtime as well as buildpath.

After above mentioned configuration, shall I start creating application in NWDS? When i create let say 2-3 fields in a view what shall I do next to bring data from RFID tag?

I will be thankful if u have a simple tutorial.

Regards,

Romi Malik