cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating the Invoice Approval Workflow in SRM 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WF GurusM

We are setting up Invoice Entry in SRM 5.0 and get the message: No approval workflow found. Inform system administrator.

Please can you recommend how we can temporarily deactivate this workflow, so that we no longer get this message. We have looked in SWB_COND but could not work out which WF the system is trying to call.

Regards. Steve Walsh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

You can check which workflow is getting called using the following approach:

1. Activate event trace using t-code SWELS.

2. Go to t-code SWEL. Check the BO and event getting triggered while setting up Invoice Entry in SRM.

3. Check the receiver type of the BO event. This would show all the workflows that are receivers of the BO event.

4. Else, check in t-code SWETYPV and check the event linkage of the BO event to the workflows.

This would surely give you the workflow getting triggered on this event.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Saumya

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Business Object : BUS2205

WS10400016 (Automatic approval)

WS10400017 (One-step approval)

WS10400018 (Two-step approval)

which WF you activated?

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

The strange thing is that in SWB_COND, the start conditions for all workflows related to Invoice Approval are deactivated (red box and not green) however, when we enter a Invoice, the system gives error message 'No approval workflow found. Inform system administrator'. It is still looking for a WF??

Thanks.

Steve

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

spro

SAP Business workflow

perform task specific customizing

activate event linkaging

activate wf whichever you want ( for eg. WS10400016 (Automatic approval) ) - no approval required.

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I have activated WS10400016 in SWB_COND as this WF says "Invoice Workflow Without Approval" but when this process was tested again, the message "No approval workflow found. Inform system administrator " still appeared. This was even after I hit the Sync Runtime buffer tcode.

I have alsed looked at your suggestion with tcode OOCU (Perform Task-Specific Customizing) and when I drilled down to SRM-EBP-INV the only option I have is the icon for Activate Event Linking. When I click into this, it does not do anything.

Thanks.

Steve,

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

Initially for testing purpose you activate only one wf without approval ..

and make ensure that in swe2 for bus2205 (type linkage has flagged) for only one work flow..

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

In swe2 for bus2205, WS10400016 has been set to type linkage = active, whilst WS10400017 and WS10400018 have no flags. However, the system still shows the message 'No approval workflow found. Inform system administrator' even though WS10400016 has been set.

Please clarify.

Thank you.

Steve

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes Steve. You are perfectly correct. Hope that now you are trying to post the invoice in srm .you must have defined bbpiv message type.every thing...if everything correct sytem may not co operate with you.

i will also check it out. please help steve he done his all settings correctly.. but still he gets this error.

regards

Muthu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

If you want to deactivate sending mails, then you can deactivate the event linkage of the BO with the workflow WS10400016. To do so, go to t-code SWETYPV and check the event linkage of the BO event to the workflow. Deactivate this linkage and check.

Regards,

Saumya