cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costs of previous period not getting settled in current period ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Scenario - Ours is an investment project. User has forgotten to settle costs in previous financial period i.e. 2007. And is now trying to run the settlement via CJ88. Since the financial year/period has already been closed , the system is throwing error as shown below -

"First settle items from previous year in previous year 2007: 400031819/001

Message no. AW624 "

We cannot open the period .

Tell me how to resolve above issue so that user can post the costs.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i suppose you are getting the error message: AW624 : first settle the items of previous year.

this error comes when you create a wbs and you are using that wbs as a AUC and posting the expences to that AUC and finally you capitalize that asset to final asset through CJ88  settlement.

when the capitalization date lies in the next year where in you have the expences posted to that are in previous year.the system dose not allow you to do that as that period is closed. postings cant happen in the previous period thats closed.to rectify this issue go to OBA5 and give the selection AW and select the number 624 and in online and batch column give W. After giving this settings save it and you will be able to perform the settlement.

this will resolve your issue.

arman

sap fico

soubhagya_rout
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arman,

I think you got some problem in your time machine . Your are answering to a solved question and that even nearly 4 years old.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

change settlement rule to FUL instead of PER

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried that but the still the system flashes the message "You cannot post to this asset (Fiscal year already closed)"

Kindly let me know what to do next..

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i suggest you should reverse the posting and journal in open period and then settle as it is not advisable to open period of 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

u can repost ( KB11N) the actual values from that old wbs to another new wbs , then do the settlement.

hope it may solve the issue.

Regards

Ashis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not think it will allow you to reverse the document either. Instead In CJ88,Use the settlement processing type as "FULL Settlement". Use current period and year for the posting. It should solve the problem.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friend.

kb11n cant be used here as this is used only for repostings, and this is not required in this scenario,

i suppose you are getting the error message: AW624 : first settle the items of previous year.

this error comes when you create a wbs and you are using that wbs as a AUC and posting the expences to that AUC and finally you capitalize that asset to final asset through CJ88  settlement.

when the capitalization date lies in the next year where in you have the expences posted to that are in previous year.the system dose not allow you to do that as that period is closed. postings cant happen in the previous period thats closed.to rectify this issue go to OBA5 and give the selection AW and select the number 624 and in online and batch column give W. After giving this settings save it and you will be able to perform the settlement.

this will resolve your issue.

arman

sap fico