Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding in TLB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts;

I need your insight around TLB on one point:

I define my TLB Profile as to generate TLB shipments if the load is between 10 pallets to 14 pallets.

However the system treats every remaining quantity as one pallet such as:

Product A: 5 pallet and 2 rows --> system deems it as 6 pallets

Product B: 6 pallet and 1 row --> system deems it as 7 pallets

Is there a way to overcome this rounding or the only solution is to go with the mix pallet functionality enabled?

Thanks in Advance ...

Elif Kuralay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elif Kuralay,

To avoid this problem, go to customisation settings under the following menu,

APO--Supply Chain planning -SNP-Basic settings --- Make TLB basic settings --- under "Building methods", select Rounding value method and then retry.

Hope this will solve your query.

Please confirm.

Regards,

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

If i want to do generate TLB through rounding value not through capacity builiding and at the same time if i have changed the Builiding method in SPRO to rounding method, but still system is considering capacity method.

Thanks

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have the same requirement as Elif.

Building method in customizing is related with the rounding value defined in product master data. In our case we do not have rounding value.

However, base unit of Measure for our material is PHC and in TLB profile we select PALLET as parameter. 1 PAL = 100 PHC.

In this case, deployment create order with UoM PHC (lets say 120 PHC), and TLB create shipment with UoM of PAL. TLB considers 120 PHC as 2 PAL, however, it is 1.2 PAL and the rest of the pallet should be used for another deployment order.

Can you please advice how can we make TLB do this, with a standard setting if possible?

Thanks,

Jenny

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is really no easy way out to TLB Load Building for this kind of rounding issue.

If its KG to POUND or L to GAL conversion then its possible but not for PALLET.

The only reasonable option is to go for a Rounding Profile in the T Lane so that at Deployment Stock Transfer level itself the rounding happens and you build STRs in quantities that are in integral multiples to your Transport Load Unit namely PALLET.

We had explored enhancements in this regard but have not got anything suitable.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

We tried creating a new unit of measure by allowing decimal places in customizing. Instead of PAL, we assigned it to product master and TLB profile for TLB profile parameter FLOORSPOTS. However, nothing changed.

We also think of using the badi /SCA/TLB_EXT, we did not try yet. Do you think this BADI can help us?

Another option is adding a new parameter to TLB profile parameters. In the OSS message 710198 it is explained. Did you try this method as well?

Thanks a lot for your help! Regards,

Jenny

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have tried /SCA/TLB_EXT with new parameter.

But that was for a requirement to model the transportation resource into compartment (3 comp means only one two or three products can be transferred not 4) not the UoM thing.