Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reserving stock for a sales order during availibility check

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

during the availibility check, the system do the availibilty check and reseves the stock for the sales order, if sufficient stock is present. if no sufficient stock is present, no schedule lines will be confirmed....... pls tell me if iam wrong here .

i have also seen that it is possible to do availibility check in sales order but not reserve the stock for the sales order. what are the settings which one has to do in config so that it does not reserve the stock.

my main question is what is the controlling point to reserve or unreserve the stock,

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin

The control what you are asking is in OVZ9 where you can see a field "Include sales reqmts". If you check the box, as and when sale order is created and stock is available, system will block the available stock to that sale order and cannot be diverted to other sale order.

On the other hand, if you uncheck the sale order and if stock is available, when sale order is created stock will confirm to that sale order but you can also divert the stock to subsequent sale order.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi