cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the diff bet condition class and condition type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

What is the diff bet condition class and condition type.

I have seen so many threads on this but not getting the exact usefullness.

etc.

As per the knowledge i gained condition class tells the type of the condition ie either price , discount ,taxes etc.

Then please tell me why we require cond category.Please give a business scenario where we can justify it use.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva

A condition type can be controlled via Condition Class as to whether that particular condition type should be a selling price or discount or tax. Based on this Condition Class only, in VK11, you have to maintain the values which will subsequently flow into your sale order / billing.

For example, if you have ZR00 as a condition type and if you maintain the condition class

- "B" that condition type value you can see in condition tab under the field "Net"

- "A" that condition type value will minus or add the net value and

- "D" that condition type value you can see in condition tab under the field "Tax"

Hope now you have an idea as to how the condition class is controlling a condition type.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Lakshmipathi,

Your reply is very clear to me regarding to condition class.

Now kindly in simillar way tell me about condition type. and why cond type is needed as we are alrady having condition class to fulllfil our purpose?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My dear friend

You can assign some condition class ONLY in condition type and for this condition type only, you have to maintain the relevant datas in VK11. You cannot maintain pricing for condition class in VK11.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry Lakshmipathi,

i want to ask about condition category , but in my last reply i wrongly specified as condition type.

Please tell me the use of condition category and its difference with cond class. Where exactly we are going to utalize this condition category .

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi shiva

Difference between Condition Category and Condition Class

Condition Category -

It is the Classification of conditions as per the categories ,Say for example Freight condition types you have the same conditon category

Condition class -

It classifies the condition types as price , discounts , taxes , discount etc

Regards

Srinath

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva

If you want to define what calculation the system has to carry out it depends on the following:-

- Condition Category

- Calculation type

- Condition class

- Scale basis

Through condition category, you can classify the condition types according to predefined categories.

For example, if you refer condition type KF00 for freight, you can see "F" would have been assigned to the field condition category. Similarly for condition types SKTO and SKTV also you can see "E" assigned.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Srinath and Lakshmipathi for the reply.

Please tell i am right or not.

Lakshmipathi as you said "Through condition category, you can classify the condition types according to predefined categories".

It means for cond type kf00 we have cond class as A ie Discounts or surcharge and cond category as F ie Frieght. It means that cond cat is subset of cond class?

please give me a link where i can get the full description of all the condition categories.

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

1.condition class is grouping the condition types and it allows you control each condition type differently.

For example, the condition type "taxes" defines that the taxes in a document must be recalculated if the country of the ship-to party changes.

2.Condition category

A classification of conditions according to predefined criteria.

These categories include packaging costs, delivery costs, output taxes and discounts.

The classification of conditions by condition categories can be used for analysis.

Regds

MM

Answers (0)