cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Material Type of one Material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you tell me the steps to change the Material type for one of the Material.

Note:

1. One PO has created and GR has Happened. The system throws the err is "Purchase order Exist"

RGS,

PRIYA.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priya

Check this link

[Changing a Material Type |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ff/515b2449d811d182b80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi priya

As the GR and PO are open put reason for rejection and close it

But your requirement is to change the material type so Use t.code MMAM to change the material type of the existing material to the new the material type

NOTE : Kindly ignore my previous thread statement t.code MM07 which is used to delete the material

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

If, I've understood correctly, You are asking for changing the Material Type (used, at the time of Material Creation) for a Particular Material, say X.

I don't think, one can change the Material Type for already created/ exisiting MMR.

Insead, You may Create another Material, say Y, with reference to Material X, with reqd. Material Type.

In case Material X is not getting used, any more, you may delete it from SAP-System.

Best Regards,

Amit

Note: [How to Delete MMR from SAP Sysem|]

I am Sorry as Later-on, I've searched on to the requirement - Change Mateial Type (based up on other posts, in to this thread), I found some relevant informations (I have also learnt the same). Same for your reference:

T. Code for Material Change: MMAM

Path: SAP Easy Access --> Logistics --> Materials Management --> Material Master --> Material --> Change Material Type

[Change Material Type|]

[Change Material Type - |]

Edited by: Amit Yadav on Dec 29, 2008 9:31 AM

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya

Close all open POs and transfer stock of material to other material using movement type 309 in MB1B and then try with t code MMAM.

And after changing material type, cancel the transfer posting document and again open the POs.

Before closing the existing pos it cant happen

Regards

raja

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi priya

As the GR and PO are in process put a reason for rejection and close it

Use t.code MM07 to change the existing material type to the another material type

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Priya,

For changing the material type you have to have zero stock in the material, No pending order must be there. Then go to MM01 and give the reference as your current material and create it. IT is almost like creating but it will happen only if no stock or pending orders are available.

Regards,

Sudhir