cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues while Importing /Mapping hierarchy/taxonomy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have multiple level hiererchies with different companies under the same banner..

When we try to map multiple level hierarchies in import manager to Taxonomy table ..We first map the Class to remote key and then clone Class(which has all hierearchy levels) and map this to Value in destination table..

When i try to map/Add values at top level i.e Merch categories it pops up with "Add as Child" while when i try to Add one more hiereachy level (which is actually a child component ) it doesnot allow me to do so..It just give "Add as Sibling" ,while "Add as Child" is Greyed out..

For eg we have Merch Cat--

00---

01----

So i can add 00 as chile

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found some SAP Std documentationa and it worked..

Thanks All

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry all i just sent u half message..please check below

Hi All,

We have multiple level hiererchies with different companies under the same banner..

When we try to map multiple level hierarchies in import manager to Taxonomy table ..We first map the Class to remote key and then clone Class(which has all hierearchy levels) and map this to Value in destination table..

When i try to map/Add values at top level i.e Merch categories it pops up with "Add as Child" while when i try to Add one more hiereachy level (which is actually a child component ) it doesnot allow me to do so..It just give "Add as Sibling" ,while "Add as Child" is Greyed out..

For eg we have Merch Cat--

00---

01----

So i can add 00 as child ,but cannot add 01 as child to 00..

How can i do this..

may be i am missing something

Please help.

Kind Regards

Vikrant M Kelkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

You cannot create a child within a child during value mapping.The new values can be added as a child

only for the root node.In order to achieve the hierarchy according to your requirement,you need to utilize the PartitionField/Value functionality.

For partitioning you need to have separate fields for each level of hierarchy in the source.In the Import Manager,select the source.Select the field which contains the value 00.Click PartitionField/Value tab.The field will be in the Partition by column already and will be greyed out.Select the field which contains value 01 in the available field column and add it to the Partition by column.One more child level can also be created in the same way.Then the structure in the Source Hierarchy will be changed accordingly.You can then do the mapping.

Hope it helped.

Thanks and Regards,

Preethi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of adding nodes individually during value mapping, use Add branch as child option so that

entire branch is added to the root node at once.

Thanks,

Narendra