cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mat to mat transfer not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

During mat-to-mat transfer i am getting an error msg LB 045- characteristics value for the batch are incomplete.

Though I have maintained all the required characteristics the material is not getting transferred.

What may be the reason for the same .

Pls sugggest

Thanks to all

manisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

See you must be batch managed correct? Then when you would be trying this transfer posting to happen (most prob with 309) the system will create new Batch number for the material it is being transferred in to.

I mean, stock is being transferred from Material A, batch 123 to B. Now material B will have new Batch number 456. And you need to maintain the Characteristic values for this new batch also. Maintain it there and the error will resolved.

And as per best of my information, the STD SAP has set this message number LN 045 as WARNING (Yellow) message not as Error message. So you it will not stop any process, you can simply press ENTER key to ignore the message. And if it is an error message and you wish to change it's attribute to Warning from Error then follow the below configuration path and have it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks a lot for answering ,I am really stuck with this problem and it is an error msg not warning.so not allowing me to post.

Pls tell me the configuration of how to change the error to warning msg for the same.so i can post it

In t code OMCQ the error msg lb-045 does not exis whr will i find the settings for this error msg whr i can chage it to warning msg.

Thanks a lot to u

manisha

Edited by: mmp on Dec 29, 2008 8:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry dear I was disconnected so couldn't complete my post.

Anyways all you need to do is run trx OCHS or follow the IMG menu path SAP Customizing Implementation Guide>Enterprise Structure>Logistics - General>Batch Management>Batch Management and look for the message number LB 045, and change the attribute.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shyamal,

Thanks a lot you were a great help.

I will run this tcode and let u knw

manisha

Answers (0)