Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Decision Step in BPM - PI 7.1

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have posted a wiki for User Decision step in BPM in PI 7.1, Please go through it and post your queries, suggestions and comments here.

The link for same is under:

Part1 - https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/userDecisionstepinSAPPI7.1-Part+I

Part2 - https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/userDecisionstepinSAPPI7.1-Part+II

Regards,

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Sachin!

Realy this Blog is very Nice and eay to understand. I am Stater for PI development,using this log i have tried out the same scenario and got good result.

I have one requriment,but i dont know how to implement this using BPM. Can u help me.

My Requriment is,

Sender side we are using Web Service to get the Source message and Using JDBC adapter in the Receiver side.

In between this process we need a user decission,and should get the data view in Portal. Can we do this with BPM process or there is anyother way to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachine,

I have tried your sceanrio.Everything is fine in SXMB_MONI.In SXMB_MONI_BPE status is logically delted.Problem is not getting any mail in sap mail box.I hve set ALRTCATDEF.Did RWB->alert configuration.In this I have mentioned rule 'No restriction'.Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

we implemented this user decision and it works fine for us. The problem is as mentioned in the last post that you can only assign one user.

If you have a look to the created SAP ABAP Workflow in transaction swdd you will see that after activation of the IP (Design and Config) the Agent you defined is available as a Workflow Container. Inside the properties of this container the initial value is fixed to US<UserName> where <UserName> is the value you entered inside the config of your Integration Process.

Description of this Data Type:

Concatenated Identification (Type and ID) of Org.Objects

It looks that SAP fixed the type to US: User

If you have a look at the BPEL of our IP you will find something like this: <sap-extn:agent name="Manager" type="sap-extn:Agent" description="Useragent"/>

Inside ESR the column Type is available for the configurable parameters but in case of Category Agent it is not selectable.

The workflow engine of ABAP offers the possibility to use one of the following values for type:

Work Center

Job

Organizantional Unit

Person

Position

User

To use this parameters you first have to maintain the Organizational Structure in transaction ppose. When I want to do so on my PI 7.10 SPS 8 I get a short dump. So two things to do for SAP:

1) Extend the ESR. Make the type of the Agent changable

2) Solved problems in maintenance of Organizational Structure (maybe this is a problem only on my side)

It would not work anyhow, but this would be the way to go.

BR Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any option to dynamically assign agent / user based on message content in place of hard coded agent in ID?

we have one requirement where we need to send message to CSR based on region/ customer combination.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Lshriva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Currently we are facing the same problem as mentioned above, that we can't include multiple agents. I've search SDN but I didn't found any answers. Does anyone around here know a suitable solution?

Kind regards, Paul Koolen

schuiex
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dhingra,

Is it also possible to assign multiple users to the user decision, in our case multiple users should receive an email in there inbox.

As far as I can see only one user can be assigned.

Regards,

Evert Schuiteman

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Have some versions question....

User Descision Step in BPM its supported in PI 7.0?

Do I need install some support package?

Its only in PI 7.1?

Thanks.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

As per my knowledge it is only PI 7.1.

Regards,

Sachin Dhingra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi José,

The user decision step is only available in PI 7.1 and there is no need to install an additional support package to be able to use it.

0 Kudos

Very good work, I was able to quickly implement it without any error.

One question : is it possible to send the notification and the workitem to a user of another SAP machine (not a user of the PI 7.1 machine) ?

Regards.

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karim,

I don't think so,But possibilities are never ending. Give a try and let us know if you suceed.

Sachin

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Nice job,

During my practice on this scenario. I have got an error please kindly guide me on this, may this error also clear for the others

*I got an error on SXI_MONITOR as:*

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Call Adapter

-->

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="BPE_ADAPTER">UNKNOWN_MESSAGE</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>No object type found for the message. Check that the corresponding process is activated</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

The trace of the error as:

<Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_PLSRV_CALL_BPE-ENTER_PLSRV">

<Trace level="1" type="T">could not create BPE proxy for message, no XML object definition found for message 72485F6BFC78416A29EEE3EE10D09BCE</Trace>

</Trace>

</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="System_Error">Error exception return from pipeline processing!</Trace>

<Trace level="1" type="B" name="CL_XMS_MAIN-WRITE_MESSAGE_TO_PERSIST" />

Please kindly guide me on this, Is the message has to validate at sender agreement? if not where is the error I am doing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sachin,

Congratulations!!! Nice work.

The blog was good.

I have one question for you, with this capability of user decision in ccBPM in Process integration,

What is the exact difference between the BPM (Netweaver) and ccBPM(PI ) .

What are the advantages that exist for the ccBPM?

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

BPM in Netweaver is a general concept and The SAP NetWeaveru2122 platform provides the technologies and tools you need to support your companyu2019s business processes. SAP NetWeaver is the open integration and application platform that reduces total cost of ownership (TCO) across the entire

IT landscape. With its business process management (BPM) capability, SAP NetWeaver allows you to respond quickly and effectively to new process requirements while optimizing your systems landscape.

ccBPM -> If business processes extend beyond your internal applications or beyond your enterpriseu2019s boundaries, message-based process control and a stateful interaction model are required. These

features are delivered by the SAP® Exchange Infrastructure (SAP XI / PI) component of SAP NetWeaver.

Check this link for more detail:-

http://www.sap.com/platform/netweaver/pdf/BWP_NetWeaver_BPM.pdf

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the clear explanation, Sachin. I have one question however: I do not see any messages for the configured user in transaction SBWP.

Should I perform some additional steps in order to get this to work?

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iddo,

In SBWP (PI system) it will be visible under inbox->Workflow->Grouped accoring to task->Generic decision task

One thing you can cross check is, In ID, open the Integration process that you have imported from ESR/IR. Under the parameters assign the name of SAP USER name who is going to receive the email, press enter, save it and activate it.

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already checked everything you mentioned. I do see an error in the technical details of my workflow logging:

Result of agent resolution does not agree with agents of task

Message no. SWF_RUN544

Diagnosis

When determining the recipient, the system established that none of the responsible agents determined belong to the possible agents of the task used in this step.

System Response

The work item is created without recipients and appears in no workflow inbox.

Procedure

Refer to your workflow system administrator.

Procedure for System Administration

Correct the agent assignment:

Check and if necessary change the assignment of the possible agents for the task used.

Check and if necessary correct the determination of the agent responsible.

In the workflow administration, choose Work items without agents and perform the agent determination for this work item again there.

Unfortunately I have no idea how to solve this. Maybe you can help me out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Iddo,

Please check the below steps:

1. Check at configuration time, you assign this configurable parameter to the relevant user in the Integration Directory.As a result, this user becomes the agent for all user decisions in which the corresponding configurable parameter is used.

The user that is to be entered as processor must be defined on the Integration Server.

2. If you are trying this User decision step on an Integration process which has already been running, you will get this error because the integration Processes(ccBPM) will be processed as a batch job by WF-Batch .

So please design a new Integration process with the User decision step and follow the steps given by Sachin in his blogs.

I hope this answer helps you.

Regards,

Kalpana

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalpana,

So please design a new Integration process with the User decision step and follow the steps given by Sachin in his blogs.

Did you solved your problem by doing this. if so, please update the thread by providing the same answer as it will help others to find the solution.

Regards,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recreated the entire integration process, and followed the blog by the letter, but the result still is the same (agent WF-BATCH is still assigned). I included some screenshots of my settings in this PDF document: http://www.xs4all.nl/~iddor/bpm.pdf

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Iddo,

Once check this note number1143732. You may fine some related issues in this note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

It is very good. Everyone can easily follow ur blog. Keep it up.

Regards,

Leela

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Leela !!!

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good Work Sachin!!

This will very well contribute in answering all basic doubts about user decision process.

Best Regards,

Prateek

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Prateek !!!