cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Type For R/3 Receiver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a Communication Channel that represents the communication between a Thrid Party System and R/3, where R/3 is receiver.

Now the parameters I had entered initially for the Commnication Channel were:

Adapter Type : RFC

Transport Protocol : RFC

Message Protocol : RFC (XML)

Adapter Engine : Central Adapter Engine

Then I had entered the Target Details As:

RFC Server Type : SAP System

& Below I had mentioned the application server, the system number, authentication mode, and login details.

Now the client has requested me to remove all the hard coding (i.e. all the application server id, system number and login details) and instead use an RFC Destination, so that the interfaces will have no dependency and maintenance would be low, while the configuration is being transported from the development right upto production.

Now can anyone help me as to which Adapter Type am I to select for this, or how to go about it, so that I can enter the RFC Destination instead of entering system details. I guess it is possible if you select the Adapter Type as IDOC but I cannot select IDOC, for the simple reason, the receiver system is non SAP and is not sending the data in form of an IDOC.

Kindly Advise...

Thanks & Regards

Pablo

Edited by: Pablo Ghosh Roy on Dec 29, 2008 7:16 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, The option of using RFC Destination instead IP Address and logon data is in IDOC adapter. But here also you will need to change the RFC Destination and Port information in respective development,QA and PRD system. And you will have to do more changes/configuration for using this IDoc adapter. Try to convince your client to use RFC as you have already configured and the reason being the maintenance which will be same in both the cases.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for the update, but the client is suggesting that we would create Transports, to transport the configuration and design details from the development to the production, hence he is urging that we change the details in Development, test it and then create a transport to move the changes to Production.

So is there any other way you can suggest I could achieve this?

Thanks

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Create RFC destination of type H and use that destination name the receiver adapter( XI). Test the scenario.

Regards

Archanaa

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to communicate to SAP R/3 from XI only 2 ways.

1.IDOC

2.RFC

If you want to adapater as you like create an adapter youself and use it.

Thanks,

RamuV

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the first statement you said, "where R/3 is receiver" and then later you mentioned "the receiver system is non SAP". Could you clarify this?

The calls to sap system using RFC destination could be made using Abap server proxy. Here you may use http destination with XI adapter.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

My SIncere Apologies: The Sender Third Party System Is The Non-SAP System, and the Receiver is the R/3 System.

Thanks For Pointing It Out, I will Edit The Message..

Thanks & Regards

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

Thanks for pointing out the mistake, the Receiver is Definitely the R/3 System and the Sender is Non SAP Third Party System.

So as per your suggestion, if I set the Adapter Type to be XI, then what kind of RFC Connection would have to be created in SM59, can it be of the type ABAP Connection(SM59), or anything specific.

Kindly Advise...

Thanks & Regards

Pablo

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I mentioned earlier, it would be HTTP destination type H.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f4/0a1640a991c742e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards,

Prateek