cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MI7.0 Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I am trying to search regarding MI7.0 Sample Applications For HANDHELDS..

Since i m a beginner, i would appreciate if there are blogs/articles/e-learning material regarding Sample Applications for MI7.0.

Incase you have the links..Kindly reply me..

Thanks...

Edited by: Chetna Verma on Dec 29, 2008 7:08 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Mi is a server u have to configure.Like webdynpro java , U will have bapis in r/3 and in NWDS u create the webdynpro applications which call bapis.In the same way u use NWDS to create the mobile applications which call bapi wrappers in MI.These transactions will be in sap gui for mobile server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

That means the way we have seperate servers for BI & PI in addition to R/3 server,

Should we also maintain seperate server of MI also in addition to r/3??

• that means i should have:

1. R/3 server

2. MI server

3. Anything else..if m missing something..

I appreciate replies...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes u r right.The scenario should be.

MiClinet(Application developed in nwds and assigned to client)->Mi server>r/3

Regards,

Srikanth Reddy.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes you are right you should have 2 different servers.

so the senario is like this.

MI Client>MIDDLEWARE(MI)>R/3

i.e developer studio to netweaver administrator to backend system.

regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chetna,

Yes you are right.

The flow is as others have told.

Check the following link for SAP's help on Mobilizing Business Processes

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a3/583aef1baa6d42b22bedcb4dec5db9/frameset.htm

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's

I asked my basis ppl..

What they have done is, They have:

Selected 3 usage types while installing WebAS i.e.

1.ABAP

2.JAVA

3.MI

In this case, MI will be installed itself on WebAS..

Now will i be able to run MI Transactions on single R/3 na???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chetna,

MI specific transactions can be run in the Web AS which has MI usage type( which you have now). MI specific R/3 (or ECC backend) transactions can be run with or without an actual WebAS configured with MI usage type (since the backend server is a common 'separate' component in netweaver scenarios).

I also hope that your BASIS consultants have done the post installation configuration (including ABAP /Java MI Synchronization settings). Please note that any info on the same can be got from help.sap.com under NetWeaver 7.0. In fact the main DB specific installation document for NetWeaver 7.0 - which your BASIS consultants would have used, contains minimal post installation steps for every usage type and also the links/category mapping in help.sap.com / service.sap.com for detailed info/help on post installation configuration.

Regards,

Veera

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You All..

For replying and clearing my numerous doubts...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

R/3 side U will have bapis.

In Mi server :- u create bapi wrappers based on these bapis.In each bapi wrapper u call respective bapi from backend.

Based on these bapi wrappers u create Syncbo in Mi using tcode merep_sbuilder.

U have 5 types of BapiWrappers like GetList,getdetail,create,modify and delete so that u can perform CURD opertions.Each will have own functionality.

Regards,

Srikanth Reddy.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

u said:

Based on these bapi wrappers u create Syncbo in Mi using tcode merep_sbuilder.

My query is where is syncbo created in MI??

MI is in NWDS....BUT there no such transactions which can be run...

Please clarify..& sorry for my endless doubts...

Edited by: Chetna Verma on Dec 29, 2008 11:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chetna,

The best thing to do would be to refer to the MDK help in NWDS.

Check for MDK Development Tools / Developing Mobile applications under Help->Contents in NWDS.

The transactions are there in the MI Web Application server or in other words the NetWeaver Application Server you are connecting to.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you should have 2 backend systems

1.R/3

2.MI(MIX)

in R/3 you have bapis and in MI(MIX) you have bapi wrappers and syncbo and MCD.

regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After downloading the xml filke

1)open NWDS -->open Mobile Infrastructure perspective.

2)create SmartSync project there it will ask u the xml file.Give the xml file u have downloaded.

3) ur application will be created with some default code by which u can the records of header table.U have modify ur application based on the requirement.

4) After that u need to deploy the application in the server and assign it the client.So that u can run it from the client.

Regards,

Srikanth Reddy.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

please find this link.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bbb44f65-0a01-0010-cbb3-b1983bbb...

and you should have even Mi Client also of the same version as MI Server

and for smartsync applications you can even refer this link even though it refers 2.5

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bbb44f65-0a01-0010-cbb3-b1983bbb...

thanks and regards

Manohar

Edited by: Gouri Manohar Gadhamsetty on Dec 29, 2008 8:36 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Thanks for your reply....

I needed this...

Please answer few queries??

• That applications for mobile will be created in same way , the way Web dynpro applications are created in NWDS7.0????

• Wats role of Emulator??

• How can we develop mobile applications fetching data from RFC's?????

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That applications for mobile will be created in same way , the way Web dynpro applications are created in NWDS7.0????

yes

Wats role of Emulator??

there are two types of emulators

1.ABAP emulator whrere you can test your function modules

2.Emulator(eg.windows Mobile 5.0):-this emulates the software and hardware of the hand held device.Where you can install your applications and test them

How can we develop mobile applications fetching data from RFC's?????

step1.-initially you have to create Bapiwrappers for the bapis in R/3

step 2.- bases on those Bapi wrappers you have create the syncbo by using T-code MEREP_SBUILDER

step3-create a MCD(Mobile Component Descripto) by using a T-code MI_MCD

step 4-download MEREPMETA.XML file from the T-code MEREP_SBUILDER

step5 -at the time of creating a smartsync application make use of the XML file.

with the help of MEREPMETA.XML your application connect to MCD and form MCD to SYNCBO and from SYNCBO to Bapiwrappers and from Bapiwrappers to Bapis(i.e data)

regards

Manohar

Edited by: Gouri Manohar Gadhamsetty on Dec 29, 2008 10:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gouri..

Thanks Alot for ur valuable reply..

Please i have 1 more doubt

U told me that how can we develop mobile applications fetching data from RFC's in your previous reply..

Now ur procedure is different form this :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60e96a26-cc15-2a10-119b-d5ac646d...

Are these 2 different ways..??

any pros or cons for each...?

Which i should follow...???

My requirement is Mobile Infrastructure Application fetching data from RFC's..

Thanks for ur Time...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

there are 2 types of mobile applications

1.Web dynpro Mobile (Always Connected)

2.Mobile Infrastructure(Ocassionally Connected)

The procedure that iam talking about is for Mobile Infrastrure,and the link that you are talking about is for Mobile web dynpro.

regards

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U replied:

step5 -at the time of creating a smartsync application make use of the XML file.

But After generating this xml and saving at our desktop..

How to proceed further????

Thank You...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in NWDS go to MI prospective and develope SmartSync application and while creating the application it will ask for merepmeta.xml file and you have to give this downloaded file .

Once that is done

You have to export the application to the Netweaver Administrator and register with SDM.

Deploy the application in Middleware.

and in my previous post i gave you a link in which you can find the procedure to register and to deploy and even to synchronize also

regads

Manohar

Edited by: Gouri Manohar Gadhamsetty on Dec 29, 2008 11:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If Bapi wrappers are created in Backend System

Where are Syncbo created ??? In Backend system???

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chetna,

You have to create a new MI Smart Sync Project. While you are doing that, use te Meta rep XML file to generate the application with default files.

Quick Note: You will get an option to specify the Meta XML file while creating the MI Development Smart Sync Project. Click on the browse button (the button with the dots) to point to the XML file's location.

Regards,

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetna,

The Mobile Development Kit has all the developer level information you need including sample apps. You can download the same from [here|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/601ebf90-0201-0010-eda9-ea7d7d95f38c]

For e-learning on MI 7.0, refer to the following [link|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-mobile?rid=/webcontent/uuid/80234d23-980b-2a10-ac8c-e8925042f25b]

Best Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..

But there's no Sample Application given

Correct me if m wrong :

That applications for mobile will be created in same way , the way Web dynpro applications are created in NWDS7.0????