Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authentication in IR and ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have used xisuper as my id for IR and ID,

for another person, i gave him an ID.

i wanted him to not show my design object and configuration object created by xisuper,

but can see everything.

is there a way to avoid that issue?

i think that no way, is that ture?

thanks

venjamin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venjamin,

in the current XI release you can restrict users from <b>changing</b> repository objects (i.e. you can specify which software component the user is allowed to change).

Unfortunately the user is still allowed to <b>view</b> all repository objects, independent of the software component they belong to.

Regards,

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the reply..

i completed IR,, but ID, Looks a little bit different.

i do not want some users can modify my configuration scenario., but user role from ID provide only party, agreement, things like that in order to control as a key

thanks

venjamin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venjamin,

There is a way to restrict the authorizations by S/W Components that you create. In the IR, you can restrict the same by adding the S/W components in the list by creating User Roles. In the IR Go to Tools --> User Roles. Create a new user role and attach and specify the S/W components for which you want to give access to that role.

These details have been explained in detail in this document.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a44fdcc4-0401-0010-4ba5-d4e...

Regards,f

Ravi

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venjamin,

// wanted him to not show my design object and configuration object created by xisuper,

but can see everything.

Unfortunately, this is not possible. Objects xreated by one user in the ID and IR can be seen by any other user who has access to the ID and IR.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venjamin,

Looks like what you and me thought was wrong. Would suggest that you try Ravi's suggestions here and let us all know if it works.

Sorry for the mistake.

Regards,

Bhavesh