Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid creating Transfer order

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Since I require not to create TO and I need to go PGI straight so how it can be done though I removed the assignments of WM still the system asks for TO/WM no.......help me out in this regard.....Thanks in advance..................

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Place 1

In-img-enterprise structure-assignment-logistics execution----assign warehouse to plant and storage location here you have to remove the assignment

Place 2

In-imglogistics execution-shipping--pickinglean Wm-here also you have to remove the assignment( if it is lean)

Here there are some settings mainly the last one ,control "plant,storage location and warehouse No" assignment

Here also make sure that your settings is removed

Img--logistics execution -

warehouse management(if full warehouse settings )

Make sure that you have removed the settings from both the places in img

Refresh once(log completely out of SAP and relog after 1 minute)

If not ware house assigned remember to pick manually before PGI

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Dec 29, 2008 2:53 PM

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still system prompts me to do picking which is an optional one ryt?.....without giving picking qty manually can I proceed to PGI?.....Thanks in advance...

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Saravanakumar

The material whether is relevent for picking is controlled by delivery item category

T code Zero VLP or 0VLP

Check what is the item category flowing in your delivery doc and in T code Zero VLP if relevence for picking is marked against that item cat then picking is must

If warehouse is assigned to your plant and storage location then you have to create TO in t code LT03 after saving the delivery and then only PGI(no manual picking means Picking qty will be greyed out with 0 qty)

If warehouse is not assigned to your plant and storage location then while creating the delivery itself you have to go to picking tab and enter the picking qty and save The delivery doc and then only PGI

If relevence of picking is not marked then i think straight away PGI

But relevence of picking is not marked only for service items and i think only confirmation of services is done instead of PGI

Right now i am at home without SAP access so you can research it out

Have you seen the link given by me from MM forum for making the materialdescription field as optional in MMR

That link actually answers your qn

Regards

Raja

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In item category remove the tick in relevant for picking.

check this out this may help you.

praveen

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As you don't want to do the TO and you want to do picking and PGI only then just delete the following assignment made in the enterprise structure

IMG->SPRO->Enterprise Structure->Assignment->Logistics Execution->Assign Warehouse to plant and storage location

Once you delete the above assignment you made to your plant and storage location then you can give the storage location and give the picking qty (without TO) and then do PGI when you create the delivery

Regards

Srinath

former_member71163
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath,

Thanks for ur input....but I checked the path u suggested even there I cud'nt see my plant and storage location means I removed the assignment already....anywhere I sud check?.....

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sravanakumar

If the previous thread didn't solved your problem then check the following in warehouse mgmt

In IMG-> SPRO->Logistics Execution->Warehouse mgmt->here there will be a step related to movement types

In movement types step check 601 movement type which you have maintained or changed the standard option settings of movement type 601

Check which is there for 601 movement type , there will be two options they are as as follows :

1) goods relavent movement type to warehouse only

2) Goods relavent movement type for delivery only

NOTE : If you have assigned warehouse for all movement types the movement check will be same

Regards

Srinath