cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SC (BUS2121: Default supplier from 1st item to other items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm working on an SRM5.5 as Add-On to an ERP6.0 system. Now I want to default the supplier (desired supplier) of the first item to the other items in this SC.

In the BADI 'BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI' I'm changing the partner function from 39 to 19, to make it a fixed supplier (this works perfect). But when I want to add this entry in the partner table for the second item it is not taken over by the system. What are the important fields I need to fill when I want to create a new partner?

I'm copying the entry of the first item and then I'm changing the item guid (field P_GUID) to the second item guid. And then of course I append it to the partner table and pass it back to the system.

Help hint or link would be appretiated.

Kind regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You are very much following the right approach. The only problem I can think of is the new GUID for the partner functions that are added. After setting the P_GUID, you also have to set the GUID value in the PARTNER table appropiately say 1, 2, 3 etc for other items. This could be the problem.

If you can just paste the code here, it will help us point out the issue.

Regards

Kathirvel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the problem was, that ONLY the actual line item was passed into BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI (maybe some one of you know why this is). A friend told me to re-read the items of the SC and pass all out of the BADI. - I did this and it worked. Now I can easily copy the supplier from the first item to all the others.

Thanks for your help and advices.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Disha,

we haven't created a customer field (this is out of question) instead we are using the standard functionality of adding a preferred supplier. So just copying the item in the DOC_CHANGE_BADI doesn't help.

1. When I have a SC with one item and a supplier assigned to it and I now copy this item the supplier (and all the other data) gets copied. This is fine.

2. When I have a SC with one item but not supplier assigned yet and I copy this item all the existing item data gets copied to the new item. As a result the supplier of item 2 is empty as well.

2a. Now the user enters a supplier for item 1 and here I want to default/copy this supplier to the second item.

How do I have to fill the IT/ET_PARTNER table with the new partner information in a way that it is taken over by the system and assigned to the second item?

From former times when I was working in the SD (sales and distribution) area there was a column called UPDKZ 'update indicator'. Here I was able to tell the system to either update or insert or delete an entry. Is there something similar in SRM or do I have to call an (internal memory) update function?

Kind regards,

Thomas

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

as per srm standard srm 5.0, for eg. when you copy one line item and create a new line item from the old item .it copies all the information which you given in the first item which includes all your source of supply you mentioned.

I hope you implemented a BADI for flipping 39 to 19. that also working fine.

i believe this badi implementation logic takes care of all line items in the sc. i think you need not write a logic for each item. correct me if i were wrong.

regards

muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See step by step solution in the foll thread;

BR,

Disha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See this related thread:

Also paste your code or mail to my business ID for further analysis.

BR,

Disha.