cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In order level no duplication of material code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Guru's

Client requirement: In order level he is entering minimum 100 line items per order.Any duplication of material code came in same order on that time system has to taken to that line iteam and changed the quantity .

01 x 100 quantity

02 y 50 quantity

03 z 80 quantity

when ever the X material come next time in same order i dont want one more line item. If I enter X material code in same order automatically 01 line item has to come .here i will change the quantity as a 150

01 x 150 quantity.

why because its very difficult to find X material in 100 line items.Client strictly telling he dont want second line item as same material X.

This is Standard SAP not possible if anybody face this type of situation before give me the solution how to face it . If any Development requires please tell me the logic.

Thank u

Regards

Sree Sree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please explain the reason behind this requirement. Since you have arrived at a solution and looking for achieving that functionality, members may not propose any alternate solutions, even if available.

As per your proposal, if the user is entering the line item 110 and if the same material is in line number 10....if the system takes him directly to line 10...the user has to cumulate it manually(errors possible if this happens many times in that order) and again the user has to go back to 110 line to enter another material, which is irritating (going from line 10 to 20 or 30 is easy but not to 110, 120 etc.,) and time consuming.

Instead, make some enhancement using a userexit like Userexit_save_document, Userexit_save_document_prepare.

The user enters the materials and quantites and when the order is saved, the system checks for the values in the field MATNR line by line and if it finds any other line with the same material number, it should add the quantity to this line item and immediately delete the other line item. This should be repeated till the last line item in that sales order. You should also take care to check if the partner functions of the line items is same or different before doing this activity. If they are different, the quantityshould not be added and the line item should not be deleted. This is only my idea and check with your abaper for the possibility.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please post the solution you have arrived at to achieve the required functionality. It will help many other members of this forum.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As your client is entering so many line items (even its for all the customers), you can use material exclusion/listing, this wil bring accuracy and ease in the transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u I am closing this thred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Lakshmipathy & Ravi

Mr.laksmipathy what u r said I have to enter the all materials and quantity in BDC template and i have to check any duplications r there .If any duplications are there i have to correct it after that I have to upload the BDC right.

Mr.Ravi given one solution if that userexit works that is simple right.

thanku any suggestions plz

Regards

Sree

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sree

Two options are there

- Go to VA02, input the sale order reference and execute. At the bottom screen, click on fourth icon (Position) and type the material and execute. System will automatically take to that line item.

- Develop a BDC for VA02 with Line Item as one of the input data reference (like 100, 140 etc.,) and give the template to end users. As an one time exercise, the end users have to note down what are the line item numbers against each material code which can be saved in a excel file. Later on, as and when they would like to upload, they can just refer this excel sheet and upload via BDC

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank u Mr. Laksmipathy for quick and valid answer but i didn,t understand the second point. plz explain clearly.First point is not suitable why because in 100 line items he dont know which material duplication has happening.

Thank u

Regards

Sree

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sree

My suggestion is specific to your comments

when ever the X material come next time in same order i dont want one more line item. 
If I enter X material code in same order automatically 01 line item has to come .
here i will change the quantity as a 150"

whereby, if you follow the first suggestion, definitely it will work. The end user has just to input the material code and execute. System will automatically go to first line item of that material code.

For example, you have maintained a material ABC in line items 50, 70 & 100 and in VA02, if you follow the suggestion what I have proposed, system will by default, go to line item 50 only, where you can make changes as per your requirement.

On the second suggestion, as you said a sale order contains some 100 line items in which the material ABC is flowing in line item 20, 60 & 90. What the end user have to do as a one time job is that based on material code, they have to sort the data in excel format so that in the excel sheet, you can see for material code with preceding tabs line items 20, 60 & 90 continuously.

Your job is to develop a BDC with just three fields of course, the input data has to be sale order reference. The format can be

Line Item:::::Item Code::::::Quantity

If the end user would like to change the quantity of ABC for line item 60 instead of 20, in the BDC template, they have to maintain the line item as 60, material code ABC and quantity xxx.

Why dont you make a try with the option cited first ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi