cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity Relationship

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiiiiiiiiiii Experts,

In Sap project systems I have created activities and defined their relationship.But it is allowing me to start the successor activity without closing the predecessor. plz guide me how this can be restricted ,unless the predecessor has finished it should not allow me to start the successor.

Another thing is how one can know that this particular activity has started.when I confirm a activity it takes todays date.then it askas for work center.In my plant there is no work center, If i define a work center for project managment what things i should care of.

Regards

Brijesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi brijesh,

u can use milestone for individual activity with function "release subsequent activity" to built the relationship control. But in project management, it is not advisable as we may force to carry out some activities parallelly due to schedule constrain. generally it is applicable in Plant Maintenance.

for activity confirmation, which is proposing today's date, change setting in confiamation parameters for order type not to propose dates.

As per Std SAP, whenever u r confirming work, system ask for work center to calculate internal cost. there is OSS note available, which will enable activity (work) confirmation without work center

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiiiiiiiiiiii prashant,

Can u please tell me OSS note no . which I can use to bypass the use of work center while confirming the activity.

regards

Brijesh

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why do you want to bypass work centre - how are you going to plan your network costing?

just use a DUMMY work centre if you do not want to implement work centre functionality and use for network costing

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.The type of the relationship determines how the individual activities are linked with each other.

You might have defined Relationship type as SS ( Start -Start )

a/c your requirement you should define relationship type as FS ( Finish -Start ). In this case, unless the predecessor has finished it will not allow you to start the successor.

For the detail please refer this link.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/4c/2261ba46e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

2. From the activity actual start date you will get idea that activity is started.

3. For the workcner please refer this online material.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/b1/c03e4a439a11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin thanks for the answer.I have defined the relationship type as finish -start .Say for example 1.activity is drawing approval and 2. activity is purchasing.Now when the drawing approval finishes and i close this activity than only i should be able to start the purchase activity.Until than the system should not allow me to add component to the purchase activity and do me the purchasing.But this is not happening.Please help.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here you have to define the constraints for the activity purchasing, using drop down cannot start before.

You can define the same on the respective Activity date tab.

Regards

Nitin