cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of specific line items in a billing document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have come across a problem, can any one tell me how can I cancell specific line items from a SD billing document,instead of cancelling the whole billing doc.

Waiting for your valued suggetions and reply.

Thanks & regards,

Rupam.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rupam

While the suggestion given by Hrishi will work for you, can you please let me know how will you adjust the same in Delivery Document for which, already a Material document would have generated which the FI people will take into consideration.

While reconcilling inventory with sales, your inventory will not tally due to this issue. So better check in development client, take the concurrence from FI people and if found okay, proceed in production client also.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thank you very much for pointing out this very important point of stock discripancy. I just tried to reverese the delivery partially for the items which are cancelled but it doesn't work unless and untill all the line items are cancelled.

In my openion the requirment looks very much weired and I don't see any business logic behind this and I think it'd be better if the Query Raiser can issue an credit memo in this situation instead of doing all this jugglery.

Thanks again for opening my mind by your openion.

Hrishi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Hrishi for your understanding. In fact, this specific option should not be disclosed to end users which will have a serious impact on inventory in case they do by oversight.

I am also surprised as to why SAP has given this provision when we cannot reverse PGI partially. Maybe for order related invoice, this will serve the purpose.

thanks again

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Its my mistake to suggest such solution to the user.. actually I thought from a project consultant point of view hence this mistake...

Anyways, thanks for your valubale help and I will surely take care of your advice in future..

Have a great day ahead.

Hrishi

Edited by: Hrishikesh Bhalwankar on Dec 29, 2008 4:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Laxmi,

Among many reasons, one reason why SAP had made the provision of "Selection List' in VF11 is for Order related Billing (Service Orders) wherein the user can reverse a single line item in Billing since there is NO inventory effect associated with it.

Regards

Vipin

Edited by: Vipin Borole on Dec 30, 2008 10:15 AM

Edited by: Vipin Borole on Dec 30, 2008 10:17 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vipin

Yes I have also indicated the same above. Have you noticed that ?? But my question in delivery related billing, why system is allowing to cancel partial quantity ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

ps:- please spell the name correctly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try out below option:

When you are into VF11 initial screen after inputting your original invoice number, you'll see 'selection list' tab over there. Click on that and then select the item numbers for which you want to do the cancellation and click on 'copy' then save. Now, if try to see the cancelled invoice document you'll see the only those items which you had selected from previous step.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Hrishi

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rupam

Its not possible to cancel to cancel the specific line items from a billing document but we can cancel the billing document and we can Reverse the delivery document and then at that time again when you do the delivery you can put a reason for rejection and then do PGI and billing only for a single item (Assuming that there are 2 items).

Regards

Srinath