cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender and sender interface determination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to XI.I have following question.

1) Whenever message from external system reaches to XI.How XI determine SENDER BUSINESS SYSTEM and SENDER INTERFACE from message.Is this information is provided from the sender?

Thanks in advance.

ABDUR RASHEED

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek

For such nice answer. I got concept....

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Close the thread.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is as per defined in the Integration directory

messages starts from

Communication channel

sender agrmnt

interface determination/receiver determination

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually the sender sends the data to the adapter engine using sender communication channel. In integration directory, you need to specify which sender channel uses which sender business system/ business service and which sender interface to receive data from sender. So when data is sent from any external system, the sender agreements are checked and based on it messages are processed further.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur answer...

But how sender knows SENDER COMM CHANNEL.

For determining SENDER COMM CHANNEL u need SENDER BUISINESS SYSTEM, SENDER INTERFACE and SENDER NAMESPACE.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I ll take an example an explain you. Each adapter work in its own distinct way. Broadly, there could be 2 types of adapters. One which polls data like file and jdbc or other which sends the data directly like soap.

In case you are using file adapter, XI initiates the call by polling the file system and so in this case XI directly polls it using sender agreements and channel. For such channels, if the sender agreement is configured then it is enough to poll the data.

Now assume that you are using SOAP sender. In this case sender initiates the call. Here the soap sender (client) sends data using a URL which includes the message interface, namespace and business system information. Therefore based on these details, XI determines the channel

Regards,

Prateek