cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am upgrading Oracle from 9.2.0.8 to 10.2.0.4 for ECC 6 Upgrade and simultaneously patching oracle from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.4.I have few questions:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Can I go for DB upgradation directly from 9.2.0.8 to 10.2.0.4 without going through 10.2.0.2.Will ECC 6 support 10.2.0.4..whats the process for downloading patchset. I guess I have to dowload patchset for AIX 64 from RDBMS patches and do the upgrade .later I can do the optach

Edited by: Rohit Chandra on Dec 27, 2008 12:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 1. Can I go for DB upgradation directly from 9.2.0.8 to 10.2.0.4 without going through 10.2.0.2.Will ECC 6 support 10.2.0.4.

As per SAP they are supporting 10.2.0.4 but some people faced problem with 10.2.0.4 so as per me 10.2.0.2 is good.

>whats the process for downloading patchset. I guess I have to dowload patchset for AIX 64 from RDBMS patches and do the upgrade .later I can do the optach

You get patches at service.sap.com/swdc click on download click on database patches.

You get 10.2.0.2 patch from service.sap.com/swdc -> Installations and Upgrades -> your production ->

>

You have to upgrade oracle patches and Opatches after completing this you do Database Upgrade.

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nikunj for your answer..But is there any note for that..If SAP is supporting 10.2.0.4 then I dont have any points to proov to my client that we should go ahead with 10.2.0.2... By the way my question was can we directly go to 10.2.0.4 from 10.2.0.1 without going throough .2 As per me I guess as .4 is the latest one, it should include all the cottections..Let me know iff I am wrong..

Cheers..

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

> By the way my question was can we directly go to 10.2.0.4 from 10.2.0.1 without going throough .2

Yes, you can upgrade "directly" from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.4.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can upgrade directly to 10.2.0.4. Please install 10.2.0.4 instead of 10.2.0.2 as new bug fixes are only available for 10.2.0.4. With 10.2.0.4, you only need a smaller number of patches (currently 25) compared to patchset 2. Check note 1137346.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit,

Yes you can directly go from .1 to .4.

But keep in mind that you do db upgradation one all opatches applied.

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Warren for your reply...My first doubt was clear..So I can directly go to 10.2.0.4 after installing 10 G software..please confirm the patcset...There are four bin files under RDBMS patchset..So should I go ahead..please let me know I will be doing DB upgrade for the first time and I am not from DBA..I wll really appreciate your help..Basically I am confsed with patchset containing 4 bin files and 1 CPU patch set,,,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

> please confirm the patcset...There are four bin files under RDBMS patchset..So should I go ahead..please let me know I will be doing DB upgrade for the first time and I am not from DBA..I wll really appreciate your help..Basically I am confsed with patchset containing 4 bin files and 1 CPU patch set,,,

Yes four bin files are part of extraction. After applying 10.0.2.4 you have to apply CPU patches and Opatches.

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nikunj for your answer..So I am going in the following way. I will first install 10.2.0.1 then apply patchset for my OS HPUX. the as per SAP Note 1137346 shoud I apply all 27 patches?

Then Opatch and then I should run DBUA tool. My doubt is i cant combine those 4 bin files in Windows..can you please give me the command and another help I need from you, for applying those 27 patches, what is the command...and Should I apply CPU patch CPUOct2008_p7375644_10204_HPUX-IA64.zip..They are mentioning about some Mopatch..please let me know all details..i will appreciate your help

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikunj,

I have already rewarded for your kind effort for solving my doubts..I have few queries that I have mentioned..If you can let me know the command and exact patchset, that would solve my problem..

My OS - HPUX IA64 and current DB is 10.2.0.4..I am starting the activity shortly..

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikunj,

I have already rewarded for your kind effort for solving my doubts..I have few queries that I have mentioned..If you can let me know the command and exact patchset, that would solve my problem..

My OS - HPUX IA64 and current DB is 9.2.0.8..I am starting the activity shortly..

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

use winrar tool for extraction of .bin files.

Through mopatch you can apply multiple Opatches together.

Refer.

SAP Note 1027012 - MOPatch - Install Multiple Oracle Patches in One Run

SAP Note 839182 - Oracle database 10g: OPatch

Regards,

Nikunj Thaker.