cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax Error in IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I generated an IDOC file using Test Tool for IDOC processing (WE19) for a Basic Type, the IDOC got generated succesfully with status 53, however when i opened the IDOC it was showing an error

'Syntax error in IDoc (segment cannot be identified)' & because of this new data was not updated into the table, as per you what should be the problem???

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Naik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My problem has been solved, because the segment thing i can handle in Repository using the Create Duplicate segment option , just right clich on the required segment.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Naik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Sorry for the late reply, actually, i have done all the setting on XI server, did the mapping & created the communication channel, now the XML message is succesfully generated for outbound scenario, this i can see in SXMB_MONI on XI ABAP stack, however a new IDOC is not generated in the receiver system, what should be the problem????

Thhanks & Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Swarup, I will check it & let you know, again thanks a lot for your guidance , BTW Wish u a very Happy & Prosperous New Year in advance

Edited by: Amit Naik on Dec 31, 2008 12:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Swarup, actually once i created the employee the same way as you suggested but i was confused about the segment structure, i just have one doubt, in we19 this will work but will it work after i import the IDOC Type (Message Type & Basic Type Combination) in XI & then send the Data through XI???

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes it will work in XI also. Delete the Metadata from IDX2 tcode in XI and then import to XI.

When you will use the IDOC structure in mapping you will immediately able to see the occurance details also.

thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for your reply, in WE30 i added the segment E1PITYP using the 'Create Segment' option, but it didn't aske me for any occurrence, but it asked me for Minimum number & Maximum Number & there i maintained '6' , but the segment can be seen only once, then i tried to add E1PITYP segment again but there it gave me this error 'Segment type E1PITYP already used in Basic Type XYZ' , can you please tell me where can i get this No. of Occurence option or is there any other way to achive this.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You did it with right track. Just maintain the Minimum number & Maximum Number.

It will show you just one name of segment E1PITYP. But while passing data in the segment you can have the multiple segments.

In WE30, it will show you the basic structure only, thus here you will not see the multiple segments.

For testing purpose, you just open the mesasge type in WE19 and try to add the multiple segments by right click on segment and then try to process it.

It will take all the multiple segments.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganga,

Thanks a lot for your reply, can you please tell me where exactly can i maintain the above structure (exact process) , actually i am using Transaction WE30 to create a new Basic Type with the above structure & then link this basic type to HRMD_A message type using transaction WE 82 & the import this combination into XI, but the problem is that i cannot use segment E1PLOGI multiple times in it thats why i have copied the segment E1PLOGI with diff names & used it multiple times but this is not working, it would be great if you tell me how can i create a new structure (Basic Type) & link this structure to the message type HRMD_A & then generate the IDOC using the Transaction WE19.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while creating the basic type in WE30 you might have added the segment E1PLOGI. At that time it will ask for the occurance. Have you tried to change it and then import to XI.

thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Goutham & Ganga,

Actually i ve checked the date format, its fine, also the IDOC structure is almost the same. Actually i am using a new Basic Type to generate the IDOC, for this i ve copied the segment E1PITYP with 6 different names (ZPITYPA, ZPITYPB & so on) & used these copied segments for the creation of the new basic type, because i wasn't able to use segment E1PITYP multiple times in the new Basic Type. Can you please tell me the above mentioned structure is of which Basic Type, so that i can try & use it, one more thing i have already generated a succesful IDOC, so can i use this structure for my future IDOC generation i.e can i import this structure in XI.

Also can you please tell me where can i find the note 134085 - HR-CA-ALE: Structure/creation of an HRMD_A-IDoc.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

It is structure of the Standard HRMD_A IDOC used for Maintaining Employ Master Data

Default Structure of HRMD_A idoc is :

HRMD_A07

E1PLOGI

E1PORIG

E1PITYP

E1P0000

E1P0001

E1P000n

E1UPSLINK

For Sucessfully Creating the Employee & with all infotypes details the following structure should be maintained :

IDoc 0000000000100030 Current status: 64

|__ Control record direction: Inbound sender: LS/ /AHRCLNT003

|__ Data records total number: 000018

| |__ E1PLOGI segment: 000001 header for an HR object

| |__ E1PITYP segment: 000002 HR: HR: trasported

| | |__ E1P0000 segment: 000003 HR: Infotyp 0000

| |__ E1PITYP segment: 000004 HR: HR: transported

| | |__ E1P0001 segment: 000005 HR: Infotyp 0001

| |__ E1PITYP segment: 000006 HR: HR: transported

| | |__ E1P0002 segment: 000007 HR: Infotyp 0002

| |__ E1PITYP segment: 000008 HR: HR: transported

| | |__ E1P0006 segment: 000009 HR: Infotyp 0003

| |__ E1PITYP Segment: 000010 HR: HR: transported

| | |__ E1P0006 segment: 000011 HR: Infotyp 0006

| | |__ E1P0006 segment: 000012 HR: Infotyp 0006

| | |__ E1P0006 segment: 000013 HR: Infotyp 0006

| |__ E1PITYP segment: 000014 HR: HR: transported

| | |__ E1P0006 segment: 000015 HR: Infotyp 0006

| |__ E1PITYP segment: 000016 HR: HR: transported

| |__ E1P0009 segment: 000017 HR: Infotyp 0009

|__ status records

You can import this IDOC into XI.

For accessing note you need to login Service marketplace (http://service.sap.com/notes) with valid

S-UserID .

regards

Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, i have seen the IDOC status in WE05 & its 53 i.e successful & also the segments are showing the data without any error, but still there is no updation in PA30, btw i am using the std FM 'IDOC_INPUT_HRMD' , should i have a look at the code, its a bit confusing, can anyone brief me about it.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Do u have any date field when sending data from IDOC...if so check with the date format. Most of the times i encountered this problem bcoz of wrong data which resulted in nonupdation of data in PA30 though IDOC is successful from both sender and XI systems.

Thanks,

Goutham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Can you send your IDOC Structure.

IDOC Structure should be in this way :

IDoc 0000000000100030 Current status: 64

|__ Control record direction: Inbound sender: LS/ /AHRCLNT003

|__ Data records total number: 000018

| |__ E1PLOGI segment: 000001 header for an HR object

| |__ E1PITYP segment: 000002 HR: HR: trasported

| | |__ E1P0000 segment: 000003 HR: Infotyp 0000

| |__ E1PITYP segment: 000004 HR: HR: transported

| | |__ E1P0001 segment: 000005 HR: Infotyp 0001

| |__ E1PITYP segment: 000006 HR: HR: transported

| | |__ E1P0002 segment: 000007 HR: Infotyp 0002

| |__ E1PITYP segment: 000008 HR: HR: transported

| | |__ E1P0006 segment: 000009 HR: Infotyp 0003

| |__ E1PITYP Segment: 000010 HR: HR: transported

| | |__ E1P0006 segment: 000011 HR: Infotyp 0006

| | |__ E1P0006 segment: 000012 HR: Infotyp 0006

| | |__ E1P0006 segment: 000013 HR: Infotyp 0006

| |__ E1PITYP segment: 000014 HR: HR: transported

| | |__ E1P0006 segment: 000015 HR: Infotyp 0006

| |__ E1PITYP segment: 000016 HR: HR: transported

| |__ E1P0009 segment: 000017 HR: Infotyp 0009

|__ status records

Refer this note :

134085 - HR-CA-ALE: Structure/creation of an HRMD_A-IDoc

regards

Ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions, but i have already done that, now the Syntax error problem is solved & the IDOC gets generated but it doesn't update PA30, what should be the problem????

Thanks & Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

what is your idoc status now..after removing syntax error.

Is it posted successfully.

idoc status should be 53.

Regaqrds,

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amit,

If it is successfully posted means it reaches the R/3 system.

To post the data in the HR tables we need to look into the function module which process the data.

Have u seen the Idoc status code in the R/3 system by using WE02/WE05 tr code.

And check the data is available in the IDoc segments.

Do the debug the funciton module to process the data in Custom Idoc.

Regards

Goli Sridhar

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If After Segment Extention you not released it, then released it.

look this thread for detail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi amit,

Before using the newly created segments release it .

In the menu edit-> set release

click on it and release

regards

Ganga