cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why we need to release the project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

Why we need to release the project, before doing any activities from project. If we have not released what is the impact.

Regards,

Prathap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Released( REL) status is required for cost posting on the PS object.

One you create project object at that time it will in CRTD( created ) status. In that status you cannot post cost on the any PS object. If you REL (Released ) them than after you will be able charge cost on it / able to create PR/ PO against that object.

Now say for example you have created WBS and Sap allowed you to post cost on that WBS/ PS object, at the same time SAP allows you to Delete PS objects in CRTD( created ) status. Suppose user deletes the PS objects than what will happend to that cost / PR/ PO ?

This is fundamentally not correct. So, to control business transaction SAP has introduce diff. system status. By user status you can deataled out system status.

I hope it will clear your understanding.

For detail please refer this link.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/ee/41f79346ee11d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

Nitin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all Gud Morning.

Nitin Patoliya explanation was quiet good and one more thing Nitin here Ahmad told it is possiable to do planning in Created Status of the Project. Is int it?

thanqu

raj

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

Ahmed is right.you can does the cost / Budget planning in Created (CRTD) status. I am not at system but you can check the same allowed business txn for the created status in txn BS23.

Regards

Nitin

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Created Status - Write Plan Values to the project object - Project Planning

Released Status - Write Actual Values to the project object - Project Execution

Activity confirmation, Issue/Recieve goods, Accept service, Post invoice etc., will write actual cost / dates to the project object...the system will write the actual values only in released status...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think Nitin has expalined everything in theory.

If u want to know more about the status..

Cj20n.....projdefn.....system status.....click (I).....status(rel)......f1......where used list...

Processes influenced by the status.(experts plz correct me if im wrong)

i hope it will reach your req:

Regards

Chandra