cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery quantity changed while delivery was being picked .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends .

I have a big problem, because the delivery quantity changes while the delivery was being picked.

This is the positively the 3rd time that we have seen this, possibly the 4th, recently.

Delivery was created this morning for 800pc. Batch determination was telling the picker to pick from perticular storage location SLOC 112. (all 800pc) (25pc =1 pallet)

The picker knew that he was picking 32 pallets from that row.

After he picked 32 pallets, the system was telling him that he needed to pick 2 more pallets.

At that point, I saw delivery .The quantity in the delivery had, at this point, increased to 850.

Delivery shows that 32 pallets that had been picked up to this point.

again it is calling to pick 2 more pallets.

at this point of time delivery is for 850 (not the original 800)

I have not changed the quantity in delivery or in order . how come delivery quantity has changed while materials are being picked .

Kindly I request your speedy reply as it's priority ticket .

Thanks in advance .

Jayapala S.h

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

16 transfer order have been generated by picker to pick the total quantity of 800 materials .

I think creating number transfer order may not be issue here , still ,if you suggest where and how this problem might have occurred , it would be great.

I am waiting for your help .

Thanks

Jayapala S.H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Frankly speaking, it is very hard to find out the real route cause in this case as I am not on your system !!! However, you should really go as I suggested above to avoid such kind of thing in future..

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hrishi

I totally agree with you ,thank you so much for your timely help and suitable solution .

I have proposed same solution to our user .

In meantime , If you want to add something on it , you are welcome sir .

Thanks you once again .

Jaya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jayapala

The delivery qty can change while you pick the quantity if the stock is less than the stock that is to be actually you are going to deliver. As the stock is changing , check the stock in MMBE for that material.

Example :

Say you have created a sales order for 100pcs but when you are doing delivery material is taking only 75pcs because there are only 75pcs of stock in the storage location

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinath

I understand your point , but here , while picking the materials , delivery quantity has been increased to 850 from 800.

Quantity in delivery has increased not decreased .If the picker had not noticed this , more quantity than ordered by the customer would have been shipped to .

I request you to help me out to trace the problem please .

Regards

Jayapala S.H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinath

If you have anything to say about it , I request you to add on soon .

Thanks for your help .

Regards

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>After he picked 32 pallets, the system was telling him that he needed to pick 2 more pallets.

What do you mean by above statement ??? Are you using RFID functionality which updates the delivery once pricking is done ?

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi

You are right , to pick the materials, RFID is used , just I wanted to clarify this .

I request you to help me out to trace the problem soon as it's a priority issue for me .

Thanks for your help

Jayapala S.H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In that case I think you need to re-do the delivery process itself or try to change the delivery & picked qty in delivery , bcoz I have a strong feeling that the picker has scanned 850 pieces as picked qty which in turn updated your delivery..

But, you can stop the over-delivery in future as below:

- Go to VLP

- Select your delivery item category and double click

- You will see 'Quantity' area over there and input below parameters over there

> Check quantity 0 = B

> Check minimum qty = B

> Check overdelivery = B

Hope this will help you out.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srishi .

Excellent and very helpful solution.

If we do these settings in OVLP for delivery item category , System will work .

Check quantity 0 = B

Check minimum qty = B

Check overdelivery = B

Could I request you to help me where other settings( apart from these settings in delivery item category ) need to be made in order to make system works as suggested by you . I think , we have to make some settings in sales order or in customer material information record then only at delivery level this functionality would work , am I right sir ?

Thanks timely help

Jayapala S.H