cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material asignment in masters

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a same inspection plan for three diffrent codes i.e AB, AC and AD, hence i have assigned groups in inspection plan.

and currently i have maintaiined three diffrent masters for the different series, can i assigned material code in material masters ??

AYK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AYK,

What I could retrieve from your words is, you are asking for the multiple material assignment to the common inspection plan group / group counter combination. The answer is yes.

If you have same inspection plan (Group 1000001 / Counter 01). And wish to assign Material AB,AC,AD to it. You can assign it same.

Just click on the "Material Assignment" Button on the Inspection plan HEADER screen.

As well pointed out by Venky, The only condition/prerequisite to do it is the Base UOM for all three materials must be same.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry, but my question was i have a two different code for same material with same specification and hence i dont want to create two material masters... is it possible .. can i assigne material code in masters?

AYK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AYK,

No, It is not possible in case of Material master. You need to create new material master by copying from the other code.

Yes, It is possible in the case of task list. You can assign material code to the available task list as explained in earlier replays.

But it is not suggestible to have two material codes for the same material.

Revert back for further clarification.

Regards

Venkat. V

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need take to take business call here. One of those two materials must be closed.

Check the Where used list for they. Two

Check the existing stock for them.

Check the Open Purchasing and accounting docs for them

And after analysis take a decision which code will be easier to transfer for Stock,replaced in assigned TL/BOM etc. And put deletion flag to one code.

Regards,

Shyamal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AYK,

You can use same set of inspection plan for Different materials provided the Unit of measures of the materials must be same.

For this, Go to Inspection plan in change mode, click on material assignments and add the materials for which you want to have the same inspection along with plant and Group counter.

Same inspection plan will get assigned to all materials in Inspection lots.

Revert back for further clarification.

Regards

Venkat. V