cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify reasons for a very slow transaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

If I see that a SAP standard transaction is very slow for every user, what are the areas that I will have to look to get it resolved.

All other transactions work quick and only one transaction is very sluggish. How to find the root cause and resolve this?

Thanks

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Using SQL trace (ST05) you can find the solution.

Please refer to Note 948066 - Performance Analysis.

Regards

Krishna Vanga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perform a ST12/ST05 trace on the slow transaction and see if the slowness is coming from ABAP or database side.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have used Tx Code SGEN to reduce the time to open every Transaction. As opening every transaction require the compilation of some programs, reports etc, which takes a lot of time.

This transaction S creen GEN erator, will load(compiled version of ) all the frequently used transactions into the database. Database size will be increased by 2 GB or more.

Refer this link for more details :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/28/52583c65399965e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Pradeep Bishnoi

Edited by: Pradeep Bishnoi on Dec 31, 2008 1:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The transaction may be using a heavy abap application or may be executing expensive SQL statements. Both ST03N and STAD can be used to monitor the response times for your transaction.

More specifically, run transaction ST03N

Check the TRANSACTION PROFILE

Look for the response times for your SLOW transaction

Check where most of the average response time for the transaction is being used up i.e. whether its Database time that is high or CPU time or any other time.This would tell you where the query is being processed for a longer time.

ST05 can be used for a trace in case for expensive SQL if the DB time is higher.

Regards

Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

you can check ST03n , STAD and find out what time is more

and take sql trace to find out where is it taking more time .

All the best

Regards

dEE