cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme edited in Netweaver portal theme and uploaded is not reflecting WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have edited Standard SAP Tradeshow theme in Netweaver Portal - Theme Editor . I have changed the SAP standard blue color background to green color (in preview it is showing green color) and I have downloaded the theme from the Netweaver portal - Theme Transport . It has the below structure :

folder name -> Its contents

its.zip - > Webgui folder

portal.zip -> Common,controls,ctrl,glbl,light,nav,prtl,r,tree,xcontrols,default.properties,ie5.properties,

ie6.properties,nn6.properties,nn7.properties.

ur.zip -> common,csf,r,default.properties,ie5.properties,ie6.properties,nn6.properties,nn7.properties,

op6.properties.

metaData.properties

portal_log.html

portal_upgrade.xml

ur_log.html

ur_upgrade.xml

and i have checked the normal Standard theme structure in /SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/CUSTOMTHEMES/Standard it has some different structure like common,csf,r,ur,WSRP,themeInfo.properties

I have uploaded my changed theme through BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS to this path / SAP/PUBLIC/BC/UR/CUSTOMERTHEMES/DD.

When i called this theme to my WDA it is not showing anything,not even with SAP standard theme.

my final webdynpro url is similae to:

http://<hostname>:<port_number>/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/ztest1....?sap-language=EN&SAP-EP-THEMEROOT=/SA....

Please help me what I have to do now .

Thanks & Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

did you try with WDTHEMEROOT instead of SAP-EP-THEMEROOT

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply bala .....

Yes I tried with the WDTHEMEROOT too ...... but the result is same .

may be structures are different .... thats y we r facing the problem ..... ??? do u have any idea?

Thanks & Regards,

Anil kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Anil,

I think your problem might be that when you export a theme from the theme editor it does not generate the css files that are necessary.If you look at the contents of the folder im pretty sure that you wont find any of the css files.However,if you look at the standard SAP themes,go to ur folder for that theme and you will see the css files there.The url that you specified should work.The way I was able to work around this was to create the theme using the Eclipse Theme Editor plugin then exporting it and uploading it via BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS.Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel Silva ,

Thanks for your valuable inputs .

Yes u r right .... there is no css file , but I have tried with Eclipse editor too .... when I am exporting the theme after editing through Eclipse editor, the UR folder of the theme is missing .

So , how you have handled this one ???

Please tell me .....

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You have to extract the contents of the zip file that is generated when you export the theme from the Eclipse editor.Once you extract the files from portal.zip,the UR folder should appear.In your case you will want to upload the UR,Common,r and csf folders into the MIME repository via BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS.Hope this helps.

P.S Make sure you hit the generate button on the editor in order to create the css files,then you export.

Edited by: Manuel Silva on Jan 20, 2009 8:49 PM