Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Transfering data of custom fields through IDOC

Hi experts,

I have added two custom fields to the Material mater and wanted to transfer these values through IDOC. For this where should i start. Should i use any predefined IDOC type, copy and extended that or Create a custom IDOC type. Can any one help me out .

Thank you,

Nirmala V.

Former Member replied

Hi,

If you want to populate the values entered through some custom fields in some database table for instance MARA then first of all u need to append a structure to this table containing custom fields. Now if u want to send data in those fields through idoc then

1) go to we30 - use the idoctype ( For eg MATMAS05) select the radio buton extension. and then add additional segments to populate the values in custom fields.(we31)

2) Link the idoc type with message type and add extension ( that u created for idoc type) there

3) In we20 add the message type used in outbound

4) Identify the suitable user exit and write the code in outbound system (sending system) to populate data in idoc

5) identify the suitable user exit and write code in inbound system to post data from idoc to the database table.

Now replicate data and check whether your are able to insert data in custom fields.

Regards

Vinod

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question