cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Series in VC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to get the data coming from DB into graph series. Result set contains 10 records. How can i assign this values to Data Series?

Regards

vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I find solution myself.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basheer,

I have tried the same; The problem is that i am not able to add Category Axis fields/Labels. It showing empty list in Drop down list.

But i can see the entire values in Table Element.

What is the reason for this?

regards,

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinod,

Do you pass the data to a table from RFC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well; its from SQL Server Database. I want to display the result in to table as well as in Graph.

regards

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Data series will be shown in Y-Axis and Category Axis will be shown in X-Axis.

To create data series try the below steps.

1. Select the graph.

2. Under 'Configuration Element' window select the '+' mark to add data series. (Data series must be an numeric value)

3. You can add more than one numeric data.

In 'Configuration Element' window you can select the required 'Category Axis' (it will be shown in X-Axis)

Try this.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I checked your problem.For me it is working but i'm using BAPI instead of SQL element.

Did you set the data type of the field 'age' as numeric while creating the SQL table?

Why you are using 'Result' node and why should you try to use 'Output' node.? It may be the problem here.

I was wondering to hear about the fields are not displayed in 'Configuration Element' window but displayed in run time.

So problem is from your Database element only. So make it correct by getting the result from 'Output' node. Try this. If any problem occurs means mention that.

Regards

Basheer

Edited by: Basheer on Dec 26, 2008 5:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basheer,

The Variable type is of Int, also i tried with port-name as Output; In this case, i can see RETURN_VALUE in columns tab. But on runtime, table is not getting any values.

On importing the JDBC model, i am supposed to get all the columns in Columns tab; but its not happening.

Is it because of the cardinality its not showing the columns in columns tab?

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please specify the Version of Visual Composer and SP you are using?

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Visual Composer 7.0 SP 15

You can create data series when you can see the fields in the table. If it looks empty means it specifies there is no fields from the data service.

Regards

Basheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the same with RFC, and found working; but giving problem with JDBC model.

I am using stored procedure to get table data from SQL Server and able to show the results in to Table. But i can not find any fields in Column Element Tab.

Any suggestions.?

i am using Visual Composer 7.0 ; SP 09.

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First test your Storeprocedure to ensure its working fine are not.

Steps: Right click on the dataservice->select Test dataservice.

Now check how many Output fileds you are gettiong .

Is it your dataservice has only one Output port?

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu;

I am returning a value say name in Stored Procedure;

I have only one output port. i can display the contents in to Table having only one Field (AGE), and gets the result positive in Test Data Services.

The problem is still existing, that i an not able to view the output fields on selection of model. Any Solutions?

Vinod