cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create buyer account --nto working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have installed SAP E-Sourcing 5.1 and trying to create buyer accoounts, locally.( we don't have LDAP)

When i click the create button of buyer accounts ( using the enterprise user login), it does nothing and i can't create a buyer manually.

has any one done this before?. your suggestions are highly appreciated.

regards

velu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Velayu

I faced this problem when I did the enterprise workbook upload that had the LDAP directories like Sun, Microsoft LDAP etc,

you will face the problem that the users are not getting created with an error message that user cannot be created.

This happens because you need to configure the LDAP separately and manually maintain the settings in the LDAP configuration.

The directories that are provided in the enterprise deployment workbook are actually illustrative ones they wont work.

Now you have 2 options

1) Incase you are in a production environment, then you have to go for an LDAP directory for the Buy side accounts, please follow the steps in the configuration guide for the creation of the LDAP.

2) Incase you are in a non-productive environment, some proof of concept or internal project then you can still go ahead with the creation of local directory. Note that the creation of local directory steps are also mentioned in the SAP E-Sourcing configuration guide. Here in the ESO folder on the installation folder, you will find that a password.properties file gets created automatically, incase the SMTP is configured, you will get the welcome mail with the username and password.

Hope this helps

Regards

tridip

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...i am facing similar issue...do we need to load the user data or were you able to create a user using "create" button...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Velayutham,

Could you please give me your contact details? Thanks

anpuTan

selva