Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when sending message: 500 Internal Server Error

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

IE is not accepting any messages,

when I try to send the messgae to the IE ( using RWB) i am getting the below error " Error when sending message: 500 Internal Server Error".

following things what i have noticed.

1. Pipleline URL is fine, both in the BS of XI and in the RFC destnation which i am maintaing on the IE admin) URL is "http://<host>:8000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry"

2. SICF all the XI serivess are up and running, i am able to test these service.

3. The http port is active ( SMICM )

Pls note the error is 500 Internal Server Error

regards

Nisar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There are various reason for 500 internal server error.

This generally occurs due to load problem or if you are on an SP less than 12 or even if there is an administration problem

1 Check Table Space is enough.

2 Server licence Date or Time. In this case change system date and restart server.

3 Check the service pack levels on your XI. If it is obsolete upgrade it with latest version

Try restart the java stack(XI Server) and follwing services.

com.sapii.af.app

com.sapii.cpa.af.app.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think in a simple term 500 can be said as "the request cannot be processed curretnly", these options mentieoned by you are not applicable in my case.

This generally occurs due to load problem or if you are on an SP less than 12 or even if there is an administration problem---I am on PI7.0 , what are the administration problem you are talking about?

1 Check Table Space is enough. ---i had installed server recently & very few interface running.

2 Server licence Date or Time. In this case change system date and restart server.---i have recently installed server.

3 Check the service pack levels on your XI. If it is obsolete upgrade it with latest versio----Can u explain more on this?

Try restart the java stack(XI Server) and follwing services.

com.sapii.af.app ---I am not passing trough Adater framework, so i dont think this service will matters....

com.sapii.cpa.af.app.---CPA cahe is done sucessfully, as i said i am not passsing through adapter framework.

basically for a simple HTTP post what might cause 500 error if all necessary services are up and running?

regards

Nisar

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you gone through SAP Notes u2013 804124, 807000 for internal server 500 error.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes i have gone trough the Notes 804124, 807000 they mainly speak on the timeout issue and other one speaks about Http 503, the CPA Cache is fine, i also have restarted the server.

its quite strange, what i dont understand is when the service (XI-SICF) are up, a simple post to IE should not throw 500 internal server error.

Any other clues?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let me know the type of scenrio you are working...

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its a simple HTTP post to XI IE to check its availability.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There might be some problem with SLD stored data and url of the server.

This might be the reason of your problem.

Do one thing refresh complete cache through T-code SXI_CACHE then Xiruntime complete refresh. and if it will not help then restart the Java engine for this run T-code SMICM then go to Administrator then Java soft shutdown with restart.

this will help you to sort out your problem.

Regards,

Sumit Gupta

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is due to URL at receiver side(giving sender information). For http according to your mentioned URL is integration sever, but message should reach to your configured scenario. Receiver side URL should contain sender service, communication channels information also. Better to check URL it will sort out meanwhile check port also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

search for google for 500 internal server error you will find exact problem you are facing.

Thanks,

RamuV