cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO01 email not successfully sent out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have 2 clients DEV111 & DEV222, both are configured with SMTP to allow sending out email.

DEV111 - is configured to be able to send email only and it works.

DEV222 - is configured to be able to send and receive email. Receiving email is working based on steps in notes 455140. But sending email does not work. The sending email configuration is same as in DEV111.

To send email in DEV222

1) SO01 --> New message

2) Fill in title,the contents and the recipient address. The recipient type is "Internet address" and Express Mail is ticked.

3) Click Send.

4) SCOT --> Start send process, it says No messages sent.

5) Then check in the outbox, SO01 --> Outbox --> Documents, the email is there, but the Send Date, Recipient and the Send Status are blank. The Send Time is 00:00:00

6.) To check the send status in SOST also nothing.

Action taken

1) Check SMTP status in SMICM --> Goto --> Services. SMTP is active

2) Double check configuration in SCOT.

a) "Node in use" is ticked

b) "Supported address types" for Internet is set to *

c) Default Domain is configured. SCOT --> Settings --> Default Domain

3) To perform test route. SCOT --> Utilities --> Routing Test

a) Recipient Address type = INT

b) No error found in the results.

Please advise what could be the cause of the problem and what else I can check.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent,

did you make any progress on this issue? I have come up against something very similar in that for some users, when an email is sent to them (as the result of a workflow step for example), the email 'appears' to be sent successfully - no errors or subrcs are returned - but the email record does not appear in SOST and therefore does not physically send either.

I am familiar with SOST and have cleared the results count, filters, etc, so as to show everything recorded, but no email appears. However, the problem is isolated to certain users only. Even after copying a 'working' user, giving them a new email, etc, emails fail to actually be sent to them. If you look in the user's Business Workplace inbox, the email is there, but it does not get sent external to SAP (through SOST) to the physical employee's Outlook Inbox.

No exceptions are recorded, nor any runtime errors.

Thoughts?

Regards

Hagen

Edited by: Hagen Dittmer on Nov 12, 2010 1:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

as suggested in another thread [; by Ganesh, I found the following worked:

- Run SBWP as the user that cannot send and the user that cannot be sent to (this is for physical emails sent through SOST). In my case, I could not send to a specific user.

- Create a new email message

- add subject and body

- IMPROTANT PART: enter the fully qualified address in the recipients list e.g. first.lastname[at]domain.com (sorry, can't post email addresses) and select 'Internet address' as the Recipient Type. You must do this even if the email address is to an internal user with the same email address.

- Send the message then go back to SOST (for the correct Client of course).

- Remove the default 500 Hit list count, and filter for the correct day. The message should now be sitting at the top of your list and if SOST is configured to send immediately, this should be done, otherwise execute the email and it should send to the address listed.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. As of Release 6. 20, you must activate the SMTP server after you create or change it (Service/Virt.Host --> Activate, or right-click).

2. SAPconnect administration (transaction SCOT)

You have to make the SAPconnect settings separately in each client from which e-mails are to be

sent or in which e-mails are to be received.

a) Default domain

The domain of this SAP system client is defined here, for example, crm-prod.company.com. It is

used for the following purposes:

* The SMTP Plug-In logs on to the mail server with the domain as ID.

The message ID of outgoing mails is created with this domain. If an SAP user who has not entered

an Internet mail address in their user master record sends an e-mail, a sender address is

enerated from the SAP user name and this domain.

3. Check whether Background Job executed sucessfully or not.

--Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kishore,

The info you mentioned is from notes 455140. As mentioned in my initial thread, it has been read and followed.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below note for troubleshoot.

"Note 607108 - Problem analysis when you send or receive e-mails"

--Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Go to SCOT and check whether you have specified the domain name correctly

Also make a test run in SCOT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kishore,

I have checked 607108 it is not applicable to my problem because my problem does not have error message "Internal Error: if_smtp_client->send exception

smtp_communication_failure. Check port and mail at SMTP node!"

Dear Balaji,

If the domain name is not configured correctly which I have experienced it before, the moment I send out the email, I should receive a return mail saying that it has internal error SO_OBJECT_MIME_GET error. And that error can be traced with the trace on as suggested in note 487754.

Unfortunately my problem is

a.) After sending the email, the sent status not found in SOST

b.) The sent mail stored in outbox folder, its Send Date, Recipient and the Send Status are blank. The Send Time is 00:00:00

Regards,

Kent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kent

It might be bug, will suggest you to raise an OSS for the same.

Regards

Kaleem