cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The quantity about "Higher-level item in bill of material structures"

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,all

i wanna use Higher-level control free product for customer when create sale order.

Eg: type material just like A001#、the quantity of item 10(Higher-level) is 12、item 20(sub-item for item 10) quantity is 2(this is free for customer),there is no issue happen and save,but when i change quantity for item 10 knock Enter and issue happen:the quantity of item 20 has also been changed in scale,So i want to know how and where control this proportion.

Thanks very much.

Rex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,Vamsi

Thanks for your help,according to your answer we know this is system logic,but i still have a puzzle about that,can we change this logic?and how? thanks very much.

HI,Ravi

Just like you say,would you pls tell me the detial information about"Manual Free Goods Option"?your mean i can type qty by manual,in that case i think that not my wanna,because we will do doublt for changing qty when change Sale Order qty.thanks,

Edited by: Rex on Dec 26, 2008 8:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,Vamsi

Maybe my issue have not described clear.ok,we not only use free goods but also use BOM,just like largess .we sale products like AAA, the customer buy 10ps and i want give him a same one as a gif ,so i use higher-level in hierarchy,then the issue has happend,when i change higher-level quantity which normal sale and sub-item quantity has also changed.so i want to how and where contrl this logic mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rex,

For your scenario, it is better to go for Manual Free Goods Option, where u can enter the quantity of goods which u want to give free and just enter the Line Item Number of the Main Item in the "Higher Level Item" field of the goods which u r giving free.

This will solve your issue.

Do let me know if any issues.

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rex,

If you are maintaining Free Goods, then the system will always take the Multiples of the quantity you provide.

Eg:- If you have maintained for every 10Qty , 2Qty are free and in your Sales Order, you have given Higher line item as Qty 30, then the free goods are qty 6.......its the logic that is maintained in free goods.

So, even if you change the qty, the system will redetermine the free goods.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rex,

Your query was not clear, are you using Bill of Materials or Free Goods?

If you are dealing with free goods, then you can check the condition record in VBN2 for the material that is maintained for getting the free goods determination.

If you are using BoM, you can check the record in CS02.

Since you have written that "20(sub-item for item 10) quantity is 2(this is free for customer)",it should be handled thru free goods only.

Regards

Vamsi Javaji.