cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter Engine logging - Table-based or File-based

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I understand there are tables where the runtime information of Integration Engine .

But, how is the Adapter Engine runtime information stored - WHERE and HOW?

i.e., the information that we see in Message Monitoring (RWB), can it be checked in some tables or files?

Thanks,

Swapna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Look this recently thread might help u

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharamveer,

In the thread, Prateek says "The message gets stored in java dictionary table of java stack".

Any idea what are the exact table name and how can they be accessed?

Thanks,

Swapna

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The table name is XI_AF_MSG and XI_AF_MSG_AUDIT. These could be accessible using the standard SQL statement. But you may require to use <Schema Name>.<Table Name>.

Another point is that if you are just talking about the processing related logging of J2EE, then it could be found in Visual admin related logs and that would be in File format on XI server.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, the information I am interested is the following:

1. What is the data received/sent by Adapter Engine in an Interface Run.

2. Any Errors at the Adapter Engine level.

3. Time taken for processing at Adapter Engine level

So, what information is stored in the tables ad what information is stored in logs?

Thanks,

Swapna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

One thing it may help you is that there is a link to MessagingSystem where the data sent from/to the Adapter Engine can be monitored.

http://hostname:port/MessagingSystem/monitor/monitor.jsp

Regards

Rajesh.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All XI specific information would be stored in the tables only. Logs store the server processing related details. The information stored in the table must be based on the structure of table.

Here you will find field like PERSIST_UNTIL, TIMES_FAILED, RETRIES

Eegards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for the information.

I went to SAP PI GUI from SAP Logon pad. In se11 transaction, it says "No Objects correspond to selection criteria".

My PI version PI 7.0. Are the table names different or the database is different for Java Stack?

Thanks,

Swapna.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The table names at Abap stack and java stack are different. The one I specified here is based on Java stack only. You have to access the java database directly.

Regards,

Prateek

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Prateek said, you will have to check this table in your database. You can run a simple query like

select * from sapsr3db.xi_af_msg_audit in the sql editor and can get the required details

like total time taken in adapter engine in Field 'TIME_IN_MILLIS'

Message ID - 'MSG_ID'

Error in 'STATUS' and 'TEXT_KEY' fields.

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

Refer this blog,

Regards,

Sreenivas