cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing sap maxdb 7.6.05.09 using sdbinst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am doing a command line installation of maxdb using sdbinst. Everything goes well except I don't want the installation to create shortcut group and icons in the start menu.

Is there a way to tell the sdbinst installer not to create start menu shortcuts?

Thanks,

Doron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Doron,

I take it that the icons you mentioned are there to easily launch tools like Database Studio, Database Manager, SQL Studio, Command Line Tools and the Installation Manager.

Currently, I am not aware that there's a way to select if you do/don't want to have these icons created on the desktop / start menu. I will ask development if this is possibly already planned in a future release.

I'll give you an answer as soon as I've gotten feedback from the dev.

Regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if previous versions of maxdb also created shortcut icons?

My problem is that I am installing maxdb as part of my application installation and I don't want to give the user access to its components.

Doron

roland_mallmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Doron,

I was now able to actually discuss your request with development; it is currently not possible to suppress the creation of the shortcuts in the start menu.

They'll discuss the request in their group and if agreed, such an option will made available in a future version. (I cannot give you any details how long this might take though).

Regards,

Roland

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much for your help