cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report in Test Plan Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

We are using test Plan management as our Test Repository to maintain all status (STWB_2)

and i am using STWB_INFO to pull out a report of all the testing status ,in this report there is only Test plan displayed ,if i want to know the status of each Step i have to go into each test plan which is very cumbersome,is there a way to have a report having details of all the steps ,test plan ,test package and the Transaction codes along with the tester and the status.

regards

harsha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harsha

in stwb_2 whn u click on status analysis tab

the report gives test plan nam with test package & tester name

Now for more deatils

Like business process scean.....test package....

choose test plan name and click.........status analysis

click chg layout.....add colmn

u get all the details in one report

Hope it solves ur prb

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

I was aware of this kind of report in STWB_2, but I just can't manage to make a report on the whole Test Plan level, showing all packages and assigned testers, with current test statuses.

Is there a way to do so?

p.s. - I am aware that I can generate a report folowing "Goto - Create Test Report", but that is too voluminous, and it could be convenient for final report.

I was thinking more of a temporary report showing which tester conducted which tests...

Thanks in advance,

regards

Nenad

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 I was aware of this kind of report in STWB_2, but I just can't manage to make a report on the whole Test Plan level, showing all packages and assigned testers, with current test statuses.

Is there a way to do so?

Yes but with Only one Test Plan

As I said earlier you need to do a development to have a composite report of all test plans wth test pkg & tester assgment

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I am definitely missing something important.

But, before I continue, tell me if I should start a new tread for this question?

I don't think so, as the Subject for this tread is suitable enough?

So, back to the question - if I follow your instructions:

stwb_2 - (I suppose you meant I should select the test plan, hit the 'status overview' button first, and then the new screen shows test plans and packages. Here - I select the hole test plan, and then) - status analysis tab.

Again, the new screen opens showing test plan structure.

But, here the structure is substantially different. I don't see the test packages and assigned testers here, but only the schema of the selected test plan (similar to the one in test plan generation).

And now, when I choose 'change layout', there are no columns of my interest (like test package, and test package tester) to add.

I need a test report on a testers base, that can show a progress that the testers have made. What test cases have they conducted, what status have they set. For every tester itself.

Now, following your hint, all I can manage is to add a "User" column to a test plan preview (no test packages and testers preview), providing the last person setting the test status (if 2 persons previously have tested the transaction and have set the status - I can not have a summary of that... But, if 1 person has set an 'Error' status, and later the other one has set an 'OK' status, the status is shown as 'Error', and only when I click on a status 'traffic light' symbol, I can see that other user has set an 'OK' status. Even that I can't include in my report, I can just see a previously set 'Error' status...)

So, can you please tell me if it is possible to get a report on the test plan bases, showing the test package statistic for every tester (the test case, status and other info, but for every tester)?

p.s. if it matters - I am running the SM 7.0 sp15 on MS SQL DB, Win 2003 platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

To get the Status overview report for multiple test plans, I wrote a custom program. I am getting the overall summary for all my test plans.

Regards,

Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

So - care to share the program, or are you just bragging?

Cheers,

Nenad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

Did you get any solution to get this report. I am alos struggling with this issue.

Thanks,

Smita