cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple records to process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

if we have multiple order records from a single source(file ex), and need to process, how it would be different apart from single record process?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem is that you'd have to cut those records

into one (for example of you have many sales orders

in you file you'd have to cut them into one)

somethimes you nedd BPM to cut them but you may also try to use message splitting (or if you have a flat txt file

you can set records to one and this way your one file

withe multiple records can be processed as multiple messages)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for response, can u be more specific in 2nd approach to avoid BPM ?

I have flat file, many sales records, to simplify the complicated header/detail/tailer, first i want to try XML version of file, whihc has sales order in expected structure, and proessing one record fine.

now i need to make it to process multiple records from file in one shot thru xi.

Actual file layout -

H,1234,Mr.,John P.,Farrell,,,,5410,W14,Rd,Mesick,MI,49668,,231-885-1232

J,1234,,?,X

L,1234,22600,1,20.00

H,12345,,,,,Watertown Police Department,attn: Pam Kwosniewski,119 S,Maple,St,Watertown,SD,57201,,605-882-6210

J,1235,4459015970,?,$

L,1235,war,64483,2,40.00

To simplify started in xml as source

<order>

</order>

<order>

</order>

thanks

Message was edited by: kumar p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for ur reply. I think above link may be talking about multi-message mapping, do not understand how this fit into my example ?

Source File

<order>

line-iten1

line-item2

</order>

line-intemx

line-itemy

<order>

line-itemz

<1order>

basically input file has multiple records, tha i want to process above multiple records and process each message so that use can adit in sxmb_moni as individual message.

Is this how many people do or consider as one payload and process all at one time ?

it is working if it single record. Can u explain how should i proceed?

Thanks

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Can you please give us your exact source and target structure, so that we can help you out.

Meanwhile, for 1:N Mapping, where you want to split 1 mesage into N messages, this is what you will have to do,

1. In your message mapping, make sure that the source message has an occurence of 1 and destination message occurence is made to unbounded (n).

2. in interface mapping, make sure source interface has an aoccurence of 1 and destination interface has an occurence of N or unbounded.

now, in your configuration scenario, in your interface mapping,you will have an option called RB_CLASSIC or STANDARD selected by default. To do a 1:N mapping without BPM, just select the other option RB_SPLIT or EXTENDED and now, select your corresponsing interface mapping program and your 1:N mapping is done.

DO let me know if you need any other info,

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not understand why to take as one playload, it is thousands messages, i want one to process at a time so that if one record files, it can go to next. SXMB_MONI also shows the particular record.

Scenarion - details (FILE-XI-IDOC)

One record in source file

H,000324793A,war,324793,,,,,Watertown Police Department,attn: Pam Kwosniewski,119 S,Maple,St,Watertown,SD,57201,,605-882-6210

Multiple records in source file

H,000324793A,war,324793,,,,,Watertown Police Department,attn: Pam Kwosniewski,119 S,Maple,St,Watertown,SD,57201,,605-882-6210

H,000111111A,war,32422,,,,,Watertown Police Department,attn: Pam Kwosniewski,333 S,Maple,St,Watertown,SD,53333,,605-333-6210

To simplify File to XML i created XML file for now, so with one record in source.

<order>

<record>

<header>

</header>

<line-item>

</line-item>

</record>

</order>

Mutiple records in source file as below

<order>

<record>

<header>

</header>

<line-item>

</line-item>

</record>

</order>

<order>

<record>

<header>

</header>

<line-item>

</line-item>

</record>

</order>

Wiht one record it is working, when i added one more record it is giving error, we can tweak xml structure, but actual file structure is the way i had to process.

Thanks,